• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone see this new user?

Better be Kyle or some one is going to be angry :p

Only one GPU going..... would have thought Kyle had a few more than that at the bunker :p

 
He did say he was going to find good use for the test cards....


216
 
That folding handle has been around a while.
Looks like it's been resurrected.
 
Ahh..., now I've got kind of a dumb question, if you have a particular handle already.Something happens (God forbid) to you and you quit folding for a while the "higher uppers" could give your handle to someone else? If that's true how are the points accredited from the original handle owner ? :confused:

Hey if this is really one of the "dumbest" questions of the "really dumb" questions please try to remember I've only been at this addiction for a little bit better than 2x years or maybe it is 3x years, I don't want to lie. (d'oh, memory problems, I can't remember when I first started folding, all I can remember is that there are some pretty great people in the folding world and "bunches" of them on [H]orde team 33 :p)

While I've changed teams once I have never changed handles. (the reason I thought I had to change teams is getting more vague as time goes by and I "lucked out" being accepted into the [H]orde team 33, the #1 team today and the #1 team always)

FOLD ON!

 
Anyone can fold under anyone elses name. It is sort of a flaw. They did add a a password/passkey kind of thing in some of the more recent version.
There is now real way I know of to tell the difference between your points from the situation you mentioned where u folded before then quit for awhile then picked back up with the same name. You can see a difference looking at your user name if you used the same one and switched teams.

Most important thing is that you fold!
 
I remember the "Get Relic to 100" thread.
He said he was ramping the farm by about 6 new boxen.
So his CPU count went up by around 20 that day .......... :p

Luck .......... :D
 
I remember the "Get Relic to 100" thread.
He said he was ramping the farm by about 6 new boxen.
So his CPU count went up by around 20 that day .......... :p

Luck .......... :D

Elaborating on Majic's thoughts or making a suggestion? :D


216
 
Thank you Majic for answering my questions about handles. My question had somewhat to do with the "Chimp Challenge" deal , didn't it? As in the "HardApe" handle is still active (I think) and next year I've read where we can reuse that handle again, right? :)

What was kinda' confusing to me and you answered it was anybody can fold under anybodies handle. Which is "cool" in one respect, like Tigerbiten said about folding for Mr relic, but in another way it could be a PITA, especially how fast points accumulate with the GPU client. Hell, you could be "strokin' " along foldin' GPU points for another person before you realized it. (only important to pernts w[H]ores and jr pernts w[H]ores, because everybody realizes no matter who crunches the WU's, they all go to the same place) What all this info tells me is you've got to be mighty careful choosing a folding handle. ;)

Once again, thanks for the answers :D

FOLD ON!

 
Well that always goes along with the age old use of gremlins being sent to change user names and team numbers to further our cause. Or the lesser skilled gremlins to simply shut down ppl's boxen.

And glad I could help.


[FONT=%22Arial%22]
Genome@Home Overall Rank:115 Points:115976.46
[/FONT]
 
Back
Top