Anyone see any OCZ Core Series SSDs in the wild?

bznotins

n00b
They're supposed to be out around now. $4/gb is still crazy expensive but I'm stupid enough to want one. A few places have them listed for preorder but nobody I can find has them in-stock.

Cool. Seeing them at Directron is good (I'm more inclined to get the 32GB or 64GB version). Egoodz 15 mediocre reviews is scary...

Thanks!

Yea I want to get 4 64GB in a RAID0....can you imagine the throughput??

Tempted to grab 4 of these and toss them in a 4 x 5.25" enclosure on raid, they would be screaming.

When are we going to see a review benching one of these against the Velociraptor? Preferably the 64GB version, since the prices are similar!

Tempted to grab 4 of these and toss them in a 4 x 5.25" enclosure on raid, they would be screaming.

Thats what I want to do I'm trying to sell my SAS drives on [H] to get the money for it.

yeah, that's what I was thinking of, but the wording of his post made me think he was talking about 4 separate 5.25" bays, not 4 x 2.5" bays in 1 5.25"

I've thought of getting one of those and seeing if you could get away without using the fans, but the Mtron SSDs I have don't support SMART monitoring so I don't know how to check the temps other than the finger test - they barely get warm sitting out on my desk

Back