Anyone running the Server (2003 or 2008 RC1) or XP x64 Trial versions?

Maximos

2[H]4U
Hello guys. The idea of a free-for-4 or 6 months x64 OS is great. Is anyone running any trials/actual versions of these beasts? Any limitations? My goal is use them and by that time, I will be able to get Vista x64 or something. What has the best performance? I plan on putting in 8GB RAM next month. Is gaming possible on these systems?

How is Server 2008 RC1, in particular?

Why not get 4GB ram next month and Vista and then in 4 to 6 months, get another 4gb ram? Unless you really want to load OS, install programs, use programs.. format, load OS, install programs, transfer files, use programs.

I am running Server 2008 RC1 on my laptop and it works great only trouble I had was getting the wireless to work,and found I had to go to features in the Server Manager to add the wireless lan service to get the wireless going(it is not turned on by default). I'll probably end up buying Server 2008 when prices are down enough(will get Standard,unless I can get Enterprise at a decent rate). BTW I'm running Enterprise on my laptop,it's gonna suck having to remove and reinstall XP come June. I'm totally impressed with Server 2008.

also running server 2008 RC1, it runs on my secondary system aka server.

haven't had any issues.

Back