Anyone running Memory > 2400 on B350M?

starmax

n00b
I have an ASUS B350M-A and cannot get it to post with memory running any higher than 2400. My memory is 3200 G.Skill Ripjaw V-series which is not in the QVL from ASUS, so I am wondering if anyone running QVL RAM is getting higher speeds to post. I am not in-love with this board and am thinking of switching it for a Gigabyte one if I can get my RAM to run north of 3000. Thanks!

Yep stuck at 2400.. The Ripjaw V should be the 14-14-14-34 Samsung B chips, which I would assume would make them = to the Flare X's..

I doubt a switch will help you at all. No one brand is way ahead of the rest when it comes to ram speed right now from what I've seen. They all have issues.

I have a similar board, the Asus Prime B350-Plus. Before I got that board I had picked up a 16GB kit of Trident Z 3200 ram. I don't know what it really is, but it's double sided so most likely it's not Samsung b die. Anyway, it won't run faster than 2133, or at least I can't figure out how to make it work. Since then I picked up some other G.Skill 3000 RAM which has been fine at 2933 for a while now. It is single sided, so maybe it's the Samsung, but I really can't tell.
It's best to wait right now. You would need to buy more ram which is expensive now, and you would most likely lose some money selling your current ram.

I have the Asus Prime B350-Plus as well and running Team Delta 2 x 16GB 3000 that seems to be stuck at 2400 for now as well. Awaiting for some more BIOS updates to see if it rectifies the issue or not. These same sticks ran at 3200 on an MSI Z170a Intel mobo. Upping the voltage doesn't seem to help or relaxing timings.

Running latest 0606 BIOS (4-10-2017)

Back