Anyone running a clamp on desk style dual monitor mount in a corner?

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm looking for a mount that either has more adjustments or is designed for larger monitors to get rid of the very defined V between the monitors but still keep them back toward the wall.
The one being used is some old school Roswell special from many years ago. It's claimed to support up to 27" but the only way that's even remotely possible with this mount is if they are on a flat side of the desk and directly beside each other. I'm looking at going to 27" instead of the 23" for my fiance so the real estate space is larger for her. To get the V out of these they would have to be moved to darn near the middle of the Ikea Galant and that isn't what my fiance wants.

I'm thinking of going the Gas route and something that supports up to 32" that way the arms are longer and I think it would allow for removing the defined V without putting them in the middle of the desk space in the corner. Then again the gas only have 2 arm adjustments where some of the old school type have 3 arms for each side that will pivot allowing even more.

Hopefully someone is running dual's in a corner and doesn't have them out over the middle of their desk just to make the transition between monitors more uniform and can share what mount they are using.

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_094218.jpg
    IMG_20200417_094218.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200417_094304.jpg
    IMG_20200417_094304.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
that sharp center v is because you have to adjust it. the center needs to come forward to reduce the angle. you can google "dual 27" curved" to see what they would look like.

that sharp center v is because you have to adjust it. the center needs to come forward to reduce the angle. you can google "dual 27" curved" to see what they would look like.
The way this stand adjusts to get the V to pretty much go away the monitors end up in the middle of the desk. Don't get me wrong better results could be had with individual mounts or a dual mount that has an extra adjustment arm to keep the screens toward the back of the desk but still remove a good portion of the V.
Most of the results on google link to crappy quality youtube videos or photos from offerup that are way to dark to really even see how well they curve together in the middle.

Last edited:
The way this stand adjusts to get the V to pretty much go away the monitors end up in the middle of the desk. Don't get me wrong better results could be had with individual mounts or a dual mount that has an extra adjustment arm to keep the screens toward the back of the desk but still remove a good portion of the V.
Most of the results on google link to crappy quality youtube videos or photos from offerup that are way to dark to really even see how well they curve together in the middle.
well, not much you can do about that other that get a different arm or a deeper desk. guessing space is cramped so you cant use the arm the way it is intended.

1587137442345.png

1587137760383.png

1587137884403.png

well, not much you can do about that other that get a different arm or a deeper desk. guessing space is cramped so you cant use the arm the way it is intended.
I don't think it gets any deeper then an Ikea Galant. LOL Space isn't cramped she just wants them back as far as they can go and doesn't want them sitting in the middle of the desk wasting all the space back behind them which is exactly what would happen if with the current mount they were placed more uniform. I'm wondering if the gas adjustable setups would push them forward enough to make it more uniform since they have the angled arms yet not place them in the middle of the desk.

its the mount/setup/prefence that you have that is the problem. is there no way to adjust them back some? if you put curved monitors on it youll still end up a massive angle.

Back