Anyone running a 4xxx card on Win 7 7100?

TS28

Limp Gawd
Just wondering if people are having many issues. I was thinking about installing it tonight on my home PC.

yeah have 2x 4870 crossfire or is it x fire anyways windows 7 bulid 7100 just fine.
only problem you have to work the vista drivers to get some hardware to work..
runs l4d great .ati has beta 9.4 7 driver also.

yeah have 2x 4870 crossfire or is it x fire anyways windows 7 bulid 7100 just fine.
only problem you have to work the vista drivers to get some hardware to work..
runs l4d great .ati has beta 9.4 7 driver also.

The Catalyst 9.4s are a unified Vista/7 suite; the only differences are in *bitness* (the 32-bit and 64-bit suites differ from each other in terms of what's included).

The AVIVO decoder is still missing from Catalyst 64-bit (since I don't use it, that's a quibble at this point).

Kudos to AMD on actually daring to release a semi-unified driver suite; now if they can combine Vista/XP/7 in a single suite (still separated by bitness, of course), then we'd really have a "weiner".

1gb 4870 here in build 7100, only issue i have so far is that it wont play the steam version of Quake 3....trust me this ticks me off. but thats the only thing so far that has been unhappy

Windows 7 RC working with 9.4. The major issue I had was I had to manually update the driver and then install the CCC. After that no problem. In fact I ran the 9.5 betas at first, experienced graphical corruption in TF2, changed to 9.4, without needing a reboot and it fixed my issue without breaking anything. Definitely digging that.

I'm using the 4870x2 with 7100 for nearly 2 days now and I haven't had many problems except that I don't think hydravision is available as a download? I'm not sure if it was actually called hydravision but a program by AMD for managing multiple monitors. In fact, if anyone has any advice about this I'd really appreciate it - I used to use it to switch out the outputs by hotkey when I move from my desk to my living room setup.

The only problem I'm having is I'm using a 1920x1080 HDTV and the whole screen doesn't even fit. I have to select a lower resolution and then set it back to its native resolution for a temporary fix, and it happens again when I reboot my machine or launch a 3D application. Freaking annoying.

I'm using the 4870x2 with 7100 for nearly 2 days now and I haven't had many problems except that I don't think hydravision is available as a download? I'm not sure if it was actually called hydravision but a program by AMD for managing multiple monitors. In fact, if anyone has any advice about this I'd really appreciate it - I used to use it to switch out the outputs by hotkey when I move from my desk to my living room setup.

Found that in Windows 7 there is a nice inbuilt monitor management tool (right click on desktop).

Running 4870 X2 on Win 7 RC1 x64 with no problems at all. 1920x1080 on 24".

4870 with build 7100, 37" and 24" monitor, works beautifully. No problems whatsoever.

i hate this, why am i one of the people with this problem, if i could find my 7057 disk i could put it back in and sure it would work fine.

just bought an hd4770, along with a new motherboard so i figured a fresh install was in order. decided to try windows 7 RC, but it would appear that right now no drivers will recognize the 4770 in windows 7.

just a heads up to anyone thinking about the 4770 and windows 7, gonna have to wait a little while on proper drivers......

Running fine here on an ASUS EAH4850TOP A few notes though.

On the Windows performance assessment -

Default drivers that came with the RC - 6.5

ATI 9.4 - 6.4 (and CCC refused to work)

ATI 9.5 - 6.8 (CCC works correctly - and overclocked to 720/1150)

My workstation card, the ATI FirePRO V8700, uses the Radeon 9.4 cats under W7 RC 7100 but under Vista it uses the usual workstation drivers.

Running 4890 with Win 7 RC using the Win 7 WHQL drivers released on May 5th.

Only problem is that it won't let me set 60Hz refresh. Forces me to 59Hz. Vista drivers did the same thing but other than that worked fine as well.

Could be the Vista driver for my monitor causing that though now that I think about it.

WHat I really wish is that Intel would release Win 7 X48 drivers so half the stuff in my device manager didn't say "no device driver installed".

I'm running two machines with Windows 7 RC. One has a HD 4870 512MB and XOC bios. The other has a HIS HD 4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo 1GB. The Catalyst 9.4's installed on both macnines without reboot. I have had no issues so far and I'm in Computer heaven. :D

just installed the may 5th whql win 7 driver, my hd4770 is now working fine......so far.

i tried and as soon as i install the cats 9.4 for my 4890 - black screen on boot, i can see my mouse but nothing else, and sometimes i cant even see my mouse

I had this same problem when I was fighting my code 43 on my 4870x2. If you can open up Catalyst, then the screen should brighten up to normal. I don't know why this happened and it only happened to me on Vista when I installed new drivers that didn't give me a code 43. After that, I could reboot all I want and not have the screen be really dim.

Windows 7 rc + Cross-fired 4890's(NO OC'ing yet) = no problems as to date.

Getting major fps issues in TF2, especially when water gets shot it. Rig in sig with cat 9.4. Gonna reinstall drivers later and see if it helps.

I had this same problem when I was fighting my code 43 on my 4870x2. If you can open up Catalyst, then the screen should brighten up to normal. I don't know why this happened and it only happened to me on Vista when I installed new drivers that didn't give me a code 43. After that, I could reboot all I want and not have the screen be really dim.

Well get this..lol stupid issue for me

I have the 2nd DVI port going out to my TV via a DVi to HDMI, for some reason Windows 7 likes to make my TV the primary monitor with the login and everything on it, no matter what port it is plugged into.. so when i had formatted, it was defaulting to my TV, downstairs, so my desktop LCD, i could see my mouse, but no login window, so i said, mmm let me type in my password and hit enter, sure enough i do and bam! i see my desktop on my LCD, unplug my TV and it works fine.

So FYI for anyone who may run the 2nd DVI port out to another device not in the same room, disconnect it first :), even now, if i have my LCD set as the main device, and as soon as i plugged in my TV again, it moves the taskbar and everything over to the TV!!!, i then have to go into the display settings and change everything back, seems like a little bug in windows 7 display management.

Anybody else getting a hitching effect when opening windows or folders. Talking about the Aero effect where instead of the window popping into existence it kind of expands onto the screen. Does it when closing too. Vista was totally smooth. WIndows would whoosh into existence and then whoosh as they dissappear when you minimized or clicked the X.

whoosh = silly I know, but I don't know any other way to describe it. Hope ya'll know what I'm trying to say.

Anybody else seeing this?

4890 with the WHQL Win 7 Cats from 5/5.

Anybody else getting a hitching effect when opening windows or folders. Talking about the Aero effect where instead of the window popping into existence it kind of expands onto the screen. Does it when closing too. Vista was totally smooth. WIndows would whoosh into existence and then whoosh as they dissappear when you minimized or clicked the X.

whoosh = silly I know, but I don't know any other way to describe it. Hope ya'll know what I'm trying to say.

Anybody else seeing this?

4890 with the WHQL Win 7 Cats from 5/5.

I know exactly what you mean. I am also seeing that on my wife's machine. She has a 4870 1GB w/ the 5/5 Cats as well. I thought I was just seeing things, but I guess not. :)

Turning Catalyst AI off will cause some models like hair and tree branches in WoW to become see through.

Well get this..lol stupid issue for me

I have the 2nd DVI port going out to my TV via a DVi to HDMI, for some reason Windows 7 likes to make my TV the primary monitor with the login and everything on it, no matter what port it is plugged into.. so when i had formatted, it was defaulting to my TV, downstairs, so my desktop LCD, i could see my mouse, but no login window, so i said, mmm let me type in my password and hit enter, sure enough i do and bam! i see my desktop on my LCD, unplug my TV and it works fine.

So FYI for anyone who may run the 2nd DVI port out to another device not in the same room, disconnect it first :), even now, if i have my LCD set as the main device, and as soon as i plugged in my TV again, it moves the taskbar and everything over to the TV!!!, i then have to go into the display settings and change everything back, seems like a little bug in windows 7 display management.

Can't you force which is the main display in Catalyst or with 7s display manager?

I did set it like that, as soon as i reboot, it goes back to the TV as the main display :(

Back