• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone Remember Yoshi and TechTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cam1991

n00b
Joined
Dec 17, 2006
Messages
7
I used to watch techtv alot back in the days of TSS...and i was wondering if anyone remebers Yoshi...i found his forums a while ago and the people there say yoshi plays in the forums alot...the forums there also have very few mods seeing as the place got hacked not too long ago(forums got deleted)

So what im getting to is we should all help out the Yoshi seeing as he was an amazing modder. Some of the mods here are amazing...and I would love to see them at yoshis too...

www.yoshi.us/forums

Also any feelings on the whole G4 and TechTV rape
 
TSS really got me interested in playing with computers, and I was devastated when G4 took over and ruined the network. They had a lot of really good shows on Tech TV, TSS, Call for Help, Extended Play, even things that weren't as computer oriented like future fighting machines and all that were kind of interesting. I try to keep up with diggnation and all of Kevin's internet TV projects, and for a while I listened to TWiT weekly. I used to read Yoshi's forums a lot, I kind of stopped after the site got hacked. It was always a friendly place, but it was always such a small community that very little ever happened. Which is both a blessing and a curse.

Also, anyone else remember the beard game that Martin Sargent found when he was still with The Screen Savers?
 
G4 just ruined everything. They turned it into the stereotypical nerd network.

Now they just have hormone raging guys on there all the time with chicks and try to talk about stuff that is useless. Their game reviews suck for example!

Meh, I liked it before, not anymore though.
 
i say we make an effort to revive the yoshi forums...people who mod are a dieing breed guys....i say we go help em out...give em some new mods and things to talk about
 
TechTv was the bomb. I was glued to that channel during its prime. G4 totally ruined that network. It sucks now.
 
Yeah I remember the Computer\xbox\ps2\and whatever the hell else he had in that case mod.
 
it was called the y-box...you can see it on the forums still cause people still talk about it
 
he stopped modding..........No serious modder would ever stop. Probably just a schtick for the show. Nothing against him, people tend to move on from modding to something else.
 
I was a guest on The ScreenSavers back in May 2004. Yoshi invited me to show off a few of my mods during the show's "Mod Week". He did a lot to promote the art of case modding.

I was an active member of his forums until they were ruined by the "hordes of vandals" that came out of the G4 merger. The forums were flooded with little shitbirds who contributed nothing except bad attitude.

The episode I appeared on is still on YouTube. You can see my work in the opening credits.

I miss TechTV. RIP

The ScreenSavers, May11, 2004
 
Sweet episode I used to watch the screensavers all the time back then, which case was yours?

Hearing them talk about xbox LIVE is effing hilarious nowadays... It may only be three years later but allot of what they mentioned came true. EA is deffinatley one of the dominating producers whether we like it or not, they have they're hand in many honey pots. Microsoft has even gone farther in many ways to hit the gamer scene as well thats for sure.Then there somebody drop a laptop! They have like $8,000 bux worth of hardware in they're hands and the dude drops it.. Well smacks it on the counter on accident but damn... good thing those laptops are built to last right?
 
Sweet episode I used to watch the screensavers all the time back then, which case was yours?

They are both mine. Yoshi wanted The Machine Age PC to be on the show. I tossed the Humidor Mini-Me into the shipping box right before taping it up.

It turned out that Kevin Rose liked the Mini-Me best so it made it onto the show. Watch my segment and you will see Kevin lusting over it. I guess he was Digging it.....sorry about that.
 
I used to watch techtv alot back in the days of TSS...and i was wondering if anyone remebers Yoshi...i found his forums a while ago and the people there say yoshi plays in the forums alot...the forums there also have very few mods seeing as the place got hacked not too long ago(forums got deleted)

So what im getting to is we should all help out the Yoshi seeing as he was an amazing modder. Some of the mods here are amazing...and I would love to see them at yoshis too...

www.yoshi.us/forums

Also any feelings on the whole G4 and TechTV rape

Hell yeah, I remember. I remember leo and pat too, hands down best PC show there was. Now its just an hour of pointless babbling.:mad:
 
Attack of the Show? How dumb can a show name become? I have G4 up there with the RIAA. Assholes.

Gotta feel bad for the people from TechTV who remained on the network. You know they hate the changes too. Gotta have an income though.
 
Yeah Tech TV rocked...

I still read Chris Pirillos blog every so often. How about that guy from Tech TV who died in that snow storm...thats shitty. Whats was his name?
 
How about that guy from Tech TV who died in that snow storm...thats shitty. Whats was his name?

James Kim. Isn't that crazy? I can't help but wonder why a tech geek was stuck in the Oregon wilderness without some kind of communication device, or one that wasn't working, or didn't have anymore battery power. Maybe Oregon has crap for reception? Who knows. I haven't read anything since the initial CNET report, so I don't know if anything new came about regarding his efforts. Shame though.
 
James Kim. Isn't that crazy? I can't help but wonder why a tech geek was stuck in the Oregon wilderness without some kind of communication device, or one that wasn't working, or didn't have anymore battery power. Maybe Oregon has crap for reception? Who knows. I haven't read anything since the initial CNET report, so I don't know if anything new came about regarding his efforts. Shame though.

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about him recently either. They were supposed to do an autopsy on him a couple weeks after they found him, but for some reason no news surfaced about this.

Back on topic, TechTV, and especially TSS, was waaaaaay better that the G4 of today. I too started getting heavily into the comp scene as that show started getting known... :(
 
Fuck G4. Seriously. They ruined something that used to be really great. Now. A gamer television network has turned to showing COPS and other shows that have no relation to gaming. Bastards. I hope some officials come here to read all these to make them realize what they messed up.

I used to watch The Screen Savers, and Call For Help religiously. TechTV was cool. I would book The Screen Savers and Call For Help on TiVo to record every day. R.I.P. TechTV.

And yes, I nod a yes to the support of Yoshi. Yoshi's the man.
 
I remember Techtv!!!! That show pwned before they merged with G4tv and moved on to digital cable that was the worst merge ever!! My favorite shows were Future Fighting Machines and FreshGear :) and watched The screen savers here and there that is before the merge... :(
 
ohh, yes, I loved the show then, and yoshi's mods and stuff.
Ever since the channel name changed, programming changed, it had been going downhill since the changes started taking place.
I used to watch really nice Computer Tech shows, and those on Tech TV was my favorite.

Right now, I don't know of any good Computer Tech shows at all :(


Opt
 
I liked G4Tv.com, the show, then TechTV merged with G4 and they killed everything from TechTV and G4 and made G4 the X-Play channel. Now it's like a bunch of crap that has nothing to do with anything with X-Play leading the pack and pretty much making the whole channel mirror that show.

G4's pretty much Spike TV now.

But I never really took either channel seriously anyway, especially about case modding. I mean, what?
 
TechTV wasn't even all about gaming. TSS had tons about computers in general, which was nice. Even had people call in with questions. Free t-shirt if you used a webcam! Now gaming is all you see aside from the non-tech shows.

I wanna see the G4 executives, line them up, stare at their asshole faces, and punch each one in the eye.
 
he stopped modding..........No serious modder would ever stop. Probably just a schtick for the show. Nothing against him, people tend to move on from modding to something else.

Since I am quite a bit older than 99.9% of you I can say modders NEVER quit. Constantly tinkering and building is just as important as Oxygen.
 
humm, 99.9% that you are older then the rest of us ?
Perhaps ? If you don't mind me asking, how old are you ?
I'm pretty sure I am older then most people in here, but I come across a few at times that are older then me.
I been a gamer since the late mid 70's, more so in the late 70's and early 80's.
System builder since 1979, and more in the 1980's onward building PC XT's and AT compatible computers. NEC chip, running 2.77 Mhz, LOL, that was considered very fast in those days, now look at us now.


Opt
 
I watch Call For Help more than The Screen Savers. Leo Laporte and Cat Schwartz were awesome!

I also found this. Don't know if anyone else heard...

http://leoville.com/

We’re moving the show to Vancouver BC, redesigning it, and renaming it The Lab with Leo Laporte. It will appear on HOW-TO and G4techTV Canada starting in late April or early May.
 
Add another who hates what G4 did to what was great.

It's great seeing the old hosts and TechTV peeps doing their own things. Leo's got a number of podcasts including This Week in Tech at www.twit.tv. Patrick and a couple others are doing a video cast every Tuesdays and Thursdays on www.dl.tv. There's the www.revision3.com with even more. It ain't TechTV and as easy to watch as turning on a TV but good stuff.
 
I also remembered watching Robot Wars too :) Seriously, I think we should make a petition saying how we hated the g4/tech tv merge and maybe just maybe if we get enough people to sign the petition then techtv will go back to its old self.... Well I guess its kind of too late for that now :(
 
James Kim. Isn't that crazy? I can't help but wonder why a tech geek was stuck in the Oregon wilderness without some kind of communication device, or one that wasn't working, or didn't have anymore battery power. Maybe Oregon has crap for reception? Who knows. I haven't read anything since the initial CNET report, so I don't know if anything new came about regarding his efforts. Shame though.

When I was up in Oregon last summer, I couldn't get reception through my Verizon phone and my Verizon satellite internet card. It sucked.
 
This thread is a bit off course. :D

Unless G4 or a techtv spinoff is looking for modders to host a modding show, I'm closing this thread :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top