• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone remember Dungeon Keeper?

EarlMcFish

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 9, 2005
Messages
333
I saw a similar thread here on the forums for carmaggedon(also one of my favorite games), so I thought I'd make one for the good old Dungeon keeper. This has to be one of the longest rts games I've ever played. I played this game for 2 and a half years straight. You just gotta love putting the mistresses in the torture room..haha...I also loved that crazy ass deep voice as well.

Now if they would only bring the series back....
 
yeah I had tons of fun with the second part. I tought I read that they where making the third but got can or something of that sort. Dont quote me on that.
 
yeah, cool game.. great concept... it would be good if there was a modern version of it with good 3d gfx. heh... I remember slapping the little workers.. work harder dammit!! ;) and the chickens.. lol.
 
martinje said:
I tought I read that they where making the third but got can or something of that sort.
Yes, they were, and yes, it did. Those clever chaps at EA realised that the guys from Bullfrog, rather than continuing to churn out bland generic crap like Dungeon Keeper, Syndicate, Theme Park, Populous and Magic Carpet, would be better suited to working on more innovative game concepts, such as Harry Potter adaptations.

:rolleyes:
 
Dungeon Keeper 2 is one of my favorite games. I reinstalled it about 2 weeks ago and have played it everyday since. I think I have been playing it since early 2000.
 
Both really awesome games, even the original hasn't lost it's charm over the years.

Ahh it takes me back to the likes of Theme Hospital another bullfrog classic, back then they really knew how to make games, now a days you see nothing but football management sims, rehashed FPS games and tonnes of really bad RTS remakes.

Now you've mentioned Dungeon keeper I'm going to have to get out my copy, the level where you first get gems at the start is awesome, train about 100 imps up to level 10 and make a gold room the size of the whole map!

:D
 
Never owned DK1, but i still play DK2 to this day. I'lll get the urge, install, and play till it's done. At least once a year, usually once a quarter. :p
 
drizzt81 said:
I loved Syndicate too :)

Fooking incredible game, and the American Revolt expansion was very cool (and hard) too. But Syndicate Wars blew goats.
 
Man I loved DK. I remember the funniest thing that ever happened to me in that game was when I was playing the first one. I was in the middle of a huge battle, when the clock struck midnight. At that point, the announcer says "It's time to party like it's 1999!". All of my minions and all of the heroes that came to do battle stopped fighting and started dancing. Out come the lights and mirror ball and it looks like a discotheque. Seeing the bile demon and the great horned reaper dancing disco was...unbelievable.

I fell out of my chair and I couldn't breath for a good 5 minutes.
 
I still have it on my drive, I installed it a few months ago and played several rounds. Bullfrog was one of my favorite companies back in the day. Bought Populous, Magic Carpet and Dungeon Keeper. Then came EA......... :mad:

AARGH!
 
DK and DK2 are a couple of classics. I did my first real PC upgrading in 1997 and went out and bought some games to run on my first ever 3D graphics card, with the S3 Verge chip. Carmaggedon and the original Dungeon Keeper were 2 of those games. DK2 is even better than the original and I still have that one.
 
Does Dungeon Keeper 2 run in windows xp? I should go find my cd's I got the itch of playing it again.
 
I play Dungeon Keeper 2 on windows XP. Still fun to this day. I would love to see a Dungeon Keeper 3. It was a creative and unique idea that was made into a great game in all categories.
 
When DK2 came out, it had a DK3 trailer which pictured Horny walking outside, blinking into the sun. That was all there was, but it was enough to be me plenty excited about DK3 before I had even played DK2.

It's too bad that Bullfrog is gone. They made great games. Syndicate and Syndicate Wars are among my favorite ever.
 
Loved Dungeon Keeper & Dungeon Keeper 2. We played DK1 on the LAN at college. Great fun, even if it crashed 50% of the time before we finished the game (buggy network code).

It was fun to let Horny loose in a locked room full of imps and then bitchslap him a few times...he'd get mad and slaughter all your imps...then send in the imps afterwards to drag their bodies to the cemetary...bingo, LOTS of vampires :D

DK2 was fun too!
 
Back
Top