Anyone recently buy a Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H from Newegg?

MISMCSA

2[H]4U
I'm interested in picking up a GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H from newegg, and was curious what revisions they were shipping to people. They have a rev 2.1 out, which now supports ddr3 2000.

I talked with support, but got the normal responses of we can't physically check the revision and only supply what we have in stock. I look at this as buying a car, and not knowing the color of your interior until it arrives. I don't like it, but that's the way it works i guess.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128435

What's new on Rev. 2.1 ? Gigabyte show both 2.0 and 2.1 but they don't tell you what the difference is.

I've been pleased so far with the board.

I have a current OC of a 1055T @ 3.8Ghz. Made a voltage bump of .025. Running a x14 mulitplier, and a 272 FSB. Load

RAM is gskill rated at 1600Mhz with 9T timings. Currently running at x5.33 multiplier, 272 FSB. yields 1450Mmhz speed, with 7T timings.

Sorry, I don't have any plans of installing Linux at this time. I haven't had a Linux running on any of my machines since 2003. Perhaps I'll take this on in the future.

Only problem I had so far with this board was getting AHCI/RAID drivers installed. The manual was pretty unclear, and I think it was out dated since Win7 64bit (only mentioend Vista). I'll blame half on the mobo and driver instructions, and half on user error. Bottom line, I got it working by enabling AHCI before installing, thus resulting in Windows 7 loading AHCI drivers. I then updated the windows 7 preloaded drivers, with the chipset drivers provided by Gigabytes website. Everything appears to be in working order.

I have rev 1.0 of the board, and according to Gigabyte, the only differences refer to the core unlock support (which was added to my board via bios update) and the charging ability of usb devices like the iphone etc..

Back