• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone ran into this prob?

Hagfish

n00b
Joined
Jul 7, 2005
Messages
2
I just finished building a new system. AMD 64 3000+ ECS nforce4 939, etc, etc.. I decided to go with the very well priced ($118) Powercolor x700 (256) for my video card. Installed windows xp, went to ati's website and downloaded the latest catalyst drivers (forget the version off the top of my head).. So here's what's happening. When I go to resolutions (2d or 3d) of 1280 x 1024 or higher, after about 10 minutes into booting, the video starts shaking. Kind of like when you're using a refresh rate that the monitor doesn't like, but it's not that cause I've tried multiple refresh rates.. If I bump down to 1024 x 728, the shaking is gone. It's very annoying, has anyone else seen this? TIA

--hag
 
Have you tried either using the new video card with a different monitor or a different vid card with your current monitor? This way you can find out if its a hardware prob.
 
I haven't had a chance to do that yet, but I had just taken out my old ti 4200 30 mins before which always ran at 1280 x 1024 w/ no problems, so I doubt it's the monitor.. I should be able to try and put the x700 in a different system tomorrow probably.
 
Back
Top