Anyone purchase an Opty 144 lately from Monarch/Mwave?

smut

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to know if anyone has ordered from either of these e-tailers and what steppings they received. I am not sure which site I want to order from, there is only about a $10 difference between the two but would rather get the better stepping they are shipping out right now. Hell, if it cost me $10 more dollars for a better stepping, i'll gladly pay it!

Thanks guys, please give me some feedback if youve purchased lately! I want to know a little more before I pull the trigger at either one of these sites. Newegg is TOO much right now so they are out of the picture unless they have a GREAT stepping.

Of course I know steppings arent guaranteed (unless the site lists them) but usually you can kinda figure out what you are going to receive based on other purchases around the same time-frame!

So you'd suggest Monarch then?
Nice stepping.

Also is the stock fan the heatpipe one that comes on the higher end models? Or the same model fan that comes with Venice CPUs?

im pulling the trigger...I do still want to know which fan model comes with it

dave_graham said:
non heatpipe HSF.

dave
Oh ok, thanks! I purchased one, will be posting the stepping in a thread when it gets here (2 days shipping). Hopefully Monarch gets it out the door today, sometimes they like to take their good old time and it takes a day or two to even get packaged and shipped out. :(

got my new Opteron 144 today!
Stepping is CAB2E 0602DPGW

Anyone heard anything from this stepping?

Time to install the 144 and Zalman 9500 and see how high I can get!

well...im at 2.66ghz right now and I havent reached the limit yet!

Thats a new stepping haven't seen any of the 602 ones yet :D

Wonder if they're gonna out do their 2005 counterparts :cool:

SoCalDJ said:
Thats a new stepping haven't seen any of the 602 ones yet :D

Wonder if they're gonna out do their 2005 counterparts :cool:

well I just booted at 2790 (310htt) with a mem divider. Memory is at 253mhz
I was at 290htt with memory at 1;1 but I wanted to push the cpu higher without the memory holding me back (still not sure what the limit on my memory is but I know it can run at 290mhz so far...its some g.skill DDR400 TCCD, it fkin' rox though!) but I went from 290htt up to 310htt and it booted right up. This chip seems to be a keeper though! About to start some prime95 right now! I wanna play some games though so I am going to keep the chip at this speed for now. Going to push it higher tommorrow.

This new stepping seems to be good though...we will see how good in a day or two

edit: im on aircooling btw (zalman 9500, AS5)

Nice! Hows the stability comming along?

What voltage are you running it on too?

1.4125 right now..I think it will go lower, I am not sure, havent messed with it yet. I am doing a fresh install of xp here in a few minutes so after im done that im going to mess around more and see whats the lowest voltage I can keep 2.8 at.
And yes stable so far. OCCT passed! I'm already up to fx 57 speeds...if I can get up to 2.9 ill be very satisfied. I will not stop until I top out.

Back