anyone psyched, demon's souls?

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
Wondering if anyone else is psyched about the PS3 game, Demon's Souls? I saw a playable demo of it back in japan during tokyo game show 08 and it looked pretty bad ass.

I want it but I don't think I can slap down $70+ (I'm a sucker for collector editions) on a game right now. It does look bad ass. I'm a little concerned about what I hear about the difficulty level but games have been hold your hand pussy fests for more than 10 years now so it might be good game to invest some time in.

i think many people couldn't wait and already bought korea/chinese copy of game

^ well, I wanted to play on american servers, so... had this preordered since July. Probably the only good JRPG in ages.

I wouldn't say I'm psyched, but I will be picking it up when it hits a good price (I didn't import it because I don't pay those sort of price for ANY game.)

I've had the import for months. I only paid $50 shipped for it so it's cheaper than buying the local version. The import and local version supposedly only differ in that they're not compatible online. I didn't think it was worth worrying about since you can't choose who you're going to play with anyway. When you choose to join a player you connect to a random player's game, not your friend's.

It's a great game. I don't find it to be anywhere near as hard as the reviews and forum posts make it out to be so it's a good ego boost. :p

I have it on pre order from go gamer (49 for the regular edition+artbook you get for pre ordering ).

Can't wait to get it. I've been wanting it for a while and was going to import it, however I decided to wait for the Atlus release to support it and hopefully sale enough here that we'll get a sequel and it'll come to the NA market or help other games do the same.

Does this game have RPG elements such as leveling up and finding new gear or is it mostly action oriented?

Does this game have RPG elements such as leveling up and finding new gear or is it mostly action oriented?

It's very much an rpg mixed with an action adventure game. Stats, items and lots of things to find/acquire. You get money (souls) and can shop for new items, repair your equipment, etc.

You lose souls when you die but can have a chance to get them back.

The main thing I'm looking forward to is the online compotent.

Throughout the game you will see things in the environement such as blood trails where you can look at it and then see how another player died (it shows it to you) and this can help you avoid traps/enemies, etc. You can also find notes left by other players.

Then on top of all of this you can have another player join your game and sometimes play co op or sometimes against you (And you can do othe same). It's not a simple mp mode either, it's throughout the whole game and it's done in the backround.

It is an awesome game. If you like giant dungeons to explore, like seriously huge and elaborate, then get this game. I bought the korean one about 6 months ago. I haven't finished the game, it's pretty brutal and I stopped playing it when I hit these grim reaper guys that 1 shot me and I was getting pissed. I do plan on going back to it sometime though, it's really fun to play and one of the best looking games on ps3.

I do plan on going back to it sometime though, it's really fun to play and one of the best looking games on ps3.

Are the graphics really that nice ? I've seen a few low quality videos and I liked what I saw, but couldn't be sure of how detailed it is. I haven't read any spoilers but gather some of the bosses are incredible. :)

How would you compare the graphics to something like Oblivion ? A little better, much better ? I bet the animations alone bury Oblivion or F3.

Is Demon's Souls 30fps ?

yea the low res screenies found on the internet don't do this game justice.. gotta see in person to appreciate it. :D

Just look on youtube, search for Demon's Souls and sort it by the newest, there's a few reviews up and some good HD videos.

I watched the action trailer from PSN. It showed off several bosses. The graphics are better than I thought.

My CHUmate ordered it off amazon.com today. I'm looking forward to playing it.

I'm getting it in a few hours thanks to Amazon's release day delivery. The more I hear about its difficulty the less I can wait for it. I haven't played a semi-challenging or more single player game for quite some time.

Yeah the graphics are really good, I would say it's as good as oblivion's graphics were at the time it was relased when you compare it to other games just released. If that makes any sense. I thought oblivions graphics were pretty awesome when it first came out, I kinda feel the same way about this game right now. So better than oblivion.

Also I think i should mention, if anyone is planning on playing this game as a coop, please dont, it will suck if you try.

Is this available to buy at retail stores today? Has anyone picked it up yet? Impressions?

How long is this game? I want to get Uncharted 2 but if it's only 10-12 hours I'd rather buy this. I heard it's 40+?

I would never in a million years pick this over Uncharted 2.

I do believe it's time to walk to the local game store and pick this up... will also drop a preorder for uncharted 2 :D

a mix of Zelda and Diablo. I'm getting psyched.

I really don't see why it gets compared to Zelda. There is nothing zelda-esque about it. You don't find grappling hooks, boomerangs, bombs, etc. There are no puzzles that require you to move blocks or activate switches in a certain order. You don't really have side quests. There's no out-of-dungeon exploration. You're not trying to save a princess.

It has nothing in common with a Zelda game. It is purely a hack and slash dungeon crawler.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get this game.. even though most reviewers say it's "super duper difficult and will make you cry", I have a feeling it won't be so bad.

Yeah, it's not near as hard as people make it out to be. I think it's much much easier than Ninja Gaiden was.

This game reminds me of zelda constantly while playing it. It definitely has the same type of feel.

I do believe it's time to walk to the local game store and pick this up... will also drop a preorder for uncharted 2 :D

It's may be hard to come by, it's available for sale today and I went to my local gamestop and they got 2 in and I bought 1 of those so.

I just popped it in and first thing I noticed was 5.1 :mad: I guess I'm spoiled by Uncharted.

This game reminds me of zelda constantly while playing it. It definitely has the same type of feel.

I'm curious as to how it feels like Zelda.

The story is completely different. The combat is completely different. The inventory management is completely different. There is levelling and stats on inventory and weapons. etc.

They have absolutely nothing in common. Batman:AA feels more similar to Demon's Souls than Zelda does. It's like saying that you've been playing Uncharted and it's constantly reminding you of playing Pitfall. I could see comparisons to Ultima: Underworld or maybe Baldur's Gate. At least in Baldur's gate there are different classes, stats, and a dark story/atmosphere.

I'm just not seeing it.

Zelda in terms of fighting through a lv and then having the boss fight, etc while finding loot feels more akin to diablo.

Looks awesome! Demon's Souls and Uncharted 2 really make me want to go and buy a PS3:(

PS3 is really building up a nice library of exclusives.

I got my copy ordered. Ordered the Deluxe edition from Amazon earlier today with next day shipping (10 bucks). This game and Uncharted 1 and 2 were 3 of the main selling points for me buying a PS3 slim less than a month ago anyways. I can't wait to play it! I look forward to the challenge!

How long is this game? I want to get Uncharted 2 but if it's only 10-12 hours I'd rather buy this. I heard it's 40+?

Shortest I've read of anyone beating it the first time through was like 25 hours.
But I think the average is probably at least 40, a lot of people say 50, 60, even 70 hours. Must depend on your play style and how much you die.

Back