Anyone playing Prototype 2?

piratepress

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm thinking of getting it, but I've read that it has a lot of issues typical of shoddy console ports.

Q4I8M.png

How about one of the blue collared, [H] working class folks that have actually played it though?

TotalBiscuit sounds more like TotalDouche.

How about one of the blue collared, [H] working class folks that have actually played it though?

Not sure what's worse, his complete arrogance, or that he tweets every 2 minutes. As if anyone cares.

Not sure what's worse, his complete arrogance, or that he tweets every 2 minutes. As if anyone cares.

Oh well you don't seem to be affiliated with that game studio at all LOL.

Douche or not, if what this TotalBiscuit guy says is true then this game is pretty fucking record-breaking rediculously bad.

Oh well you don't seem to be affiliated with that game studio at all LOL.

Douche or not, if what this TotalBiscuit guy says is true then this game is pretty fucking record-breaking rediculously bad.

It's basically part 1 re-released for all intents and purposes. The same exact game except with you using a different character. You can read the console reviews, go to youtube, etc.

The PC version isn't even going to get support since the studio got shut down because the console sales were so poor. Let that sink in.

I liked part 1 but things sure got painfully repetitive fast. Infamous 1 and 2 on the PS3 do "this" better.

It's like the jim sterling/yahtzee stuff you have to be really familiar with it to not feel incredibly insulted. Like an american walking into a English pub and trying to join a conversion about football. I've watched total biscuit and find it very humorous and informing.

I was so goddamn excited about this game. I got Prototype 1 for PC and just went nuts for it. Probably game of year for me and I found the ending lame as hell. Just plain loved everything about it.

I almost pre-ordered 2, but the trailer pretty much said "Hey this is one of those redo expansions with no plot progression."

Everything else I heard has been downhill from there :(

It's like the jim sterling/yahtzee stuff you have to be really familiar with it to not feel incredibly insulted. Like an american walking into a English pub and trying to join a conversion about football. I've watched total biscuit and find it very humorous and informing.

I was so goddamn excited about this game. I got Prototype 1 for PC and just went nuts for it. Probably game of year for me and I found the ending lame as hell. Just plain loved everything about it.

I almost pre-ordered 2, but the trailer pretty much said "Hey this is one of those redo expansions with no plot progression."

Everything else I heard has been downhill from there :(

Not enough time in the average working day, much less the weekend, to get acquainted with Tweet Boy :-p

Not enough time in the average working day, much less the weekend, to get acquainted with Tweet Boy :-p
Whether one likes TB or not is personal taste. However, he is one of the most knowledgeable and informative presenters out there when it comes to video games.

In relation to Prototype 2, it would be better to make an opinion based on his video rather than his Tweets: WTF is Prototype 2?

Last edited:
Prototype 2 should have been $15 DLC. Pretty much you get a new character with an ok story and some new moves. The city is pretty much copied and pasted from 1.

Whether one likes TB or not is personal taste. However, he is one of the most knowledgeable and informative presenters out there when it comes to video games.

Biscuit as apposed to cutup summaries I think live streams? the playthrough. I just remember watching a playthrough the other day and liking it.

I'm not much of a fan of TB, but he is usually pretty accurate when giving feedback on a game.

Biscuit as apposed to cutup summaries I think live streams? the playthrough. I just remember watching a playthrough the other day and liking it.
I'm not sure I got you there. If you are referring to the recording method of his videos then yes -- TB does everything live unless mentioned otherwise.

I'm not sure I got you there. If you are referring to the recording method of his videos then yes -- TB does everything live unless mentioned otherwise.

Yeah I just mean instead of cherry picked gameplay with TB you can watch actual for better or worse gameplay.

Yeah I just mean instead of cherry picked gameplay with TB you can watch actual for better or worse gameplay.
He obviously edits his videos for presentation purposes (notably in the case of his 'WTF is?' videos) but otherwise that is indeed the case.

Despite the negative comments, I was bored so I figured I would try it today. Expecting the worst, I was pleasantly surprised by how well it looked and played. I don't know what settings TB was playing on, but it looked good and played well on my modest system at 1920x1080 with everything on high. True, it handles like the console port it is, but overall I'm enjoying it. I don't know if I have the patience or interest to finish the whole game, but it's not the piece the crapware I though it would be based on the comments.

Someone gave me a free key for it with the RADNET bonuses included. Honestly its quite enjoyable. My system is far from cutting edge, though still quite powerful and it runs it mostly flawlessly with everything turned on high save for the AA. It IS rather unoptimized though as it does take more system power than it should. The controls work well for me but then again I'm using an X360 wireless controller.

There are still a number of crashes and I assume memory leaks that will hopefully be patched, but it isn't a constant issue. The biggest bug I found is in one of the first "real" missions that it won't register a certain kill - others have noted this problem on the Steam forums - but after a few tries I found 1) Starting the game normally 2) BEFORE taking the mission itself, alt-tabbing and 3) Setting process affinity on Prototype2.exe to ONLY use CPU 0 and upped it to "Above normal". This led to stuttering sound, framerate and a couple other foul ups, but it did let me finish the mission properly after which I exited out and restarted, leaving all CPU 8 cores enabled and "normal" affinity and from my save I was past that glitched part. Ever since there haven't been many major issues.

I have to say that, at least from the DLC side, PC gamers pretty much win. RADNET is included for all pre-orders and $10 if you don't. However, the 5 exclusives (Bio-bomb butt kicker, Mercer Bullet Dive etc) that were retailer limited or whatnot, plus the Limited Edition stuff, are ALL active here as part of the RADNET setup. Not sure what will happen with the 2 post-launch DLC packs. I'm really hoping there will still be more development on the title, patches and content both.

Its maybe not worth $50, but the expansion to the city (compared to the original) and lots of neat improvements make it worthwhile. For $20-30 I'd say its solid entertainment if you want some free roaming fun for awhile, but I'd say if you can manage it at $30-40 and know what you're getting into (provided they patch and release the additional DLC already on consoles, if nothing else) I say try to support there being PC editions to begin with so that morons can't say "Well, nothing sells on PC so we won't make any longer".

Last edited:
People expecting this game to be followed up should not hold their breath -- Activision pulled the plug on Radical Entertainment in June.

People expecting this game to be followed up should not hold their breath -- Activision pulled the plug on Radical Entertainment in June.

People expecting more than $20 abandonware, tops, should not hold their breath.

I didn't like the first one either. Meh.

Then you won't give a damn about this since it's literally the same game again with a different character who isn't even likable.

This would have been an ideal $15 expansion pack at best. Past that? Forget it.

Then you won't give a damn about this since it's literally the same game again with a different character who isn't even likable.

This would have been an ideal $15 expansion pack at best. Past that? Forget it.

I think for $5 it's along the lines of highway robbery. :cool:

and if you're paying attention to any legit reviews, it's TotallyAccurate.

the guy has millions of views and subs, I'm sure at least someone cares.

wow this bad huh? I found the first one to be a fun diversion (with a controller), but I guess I should wait for a sale before I consider this.

and if you're paying attention to any legit reviews, it's TotallyAccurate.

Confirmed the guy is a retard. Grabbed a copy, started playing it. Enjoying it. TotalDouche and totallywrong = confirmed.

Maybe the guy should quit buying the 20 year old, $2 mice from Big Lots and invest in some decent hardware.

Kim Kardashian has tons of views too.

I mean in places like youtube and jtv/twitch, as in real people following real content.

who is this Kim Kardashian, and why is that relevant...

Kim Kardashian has tons of views too.

Shes hot but she also doesn't review games, and when she opens her mouth she sounds like a complete moron mixed with bitch.

Add: I will say that I tried P2, while I enjoyed the first one (bought for $30) the second left me bored, ended up returning.

I really enjoyed the first game, but the second one less so. First, the PC controls were much better in the first. Second, as many others have said already it is virtually identical to the first game, gameplay wise. The plot is essentially, "oh look the same thing that happened before is happening again". Third, the game is buggy and keeps crashing after about 25 minutes of playing on my machine.

How did any of you NOT see this coming? It's a console game.

Confirmed the guy is a retard. Grabbed a copy, started playing it. Enjoying it. TotalDouche and totallywrong = confirmed.

Maybe the guy should quit buying the 20 year old, $2 mice from Big Lots and invest in some decent hardware.

Of course "this" guy is here. Any time many people are having trouble with a particularly bad game some guy is always there to say "WORKS GOOD FER ME! MAYBE YOU'RE TOO DUMB TO FIGURE THE GAME OUT".

Please, spare us.

I'm really enjoying it 10-15 hours in. I liked the first one though and even beat it but admittedly I'm drawn to these types of games. (loved Just Cause 2 and infamous) On hard its a good challenge and the freedom of leaping across the city and leveling my character is what keeps me playing at this point. The abilities your character has and how they are executed visually is very unique and makes for a fun smash em up game. I kept thinking how much fun a spiderman or hulk game would be using this engine/ dev team.

Game runs smooth and is fun with a xbox controller. I do however get the crash after about one hour of playing that a ton of people are reporting. The protagonist is unlikable, the city is repetitive and the missions get mundane. But a flying drop kick off a 10 story building to a monsters head keeps me entertained. I'd give it a 8/10 and at 15 hours I'd say I got my monies worth.

I thinks it's truly one of those games you can play a crap ton but not really say its a "great" game. I felt similar about Just Cause 2.

I like Total Biscuit. I already expect the worst of Prototype 2. So I'm not gonna get it, I don't think.

I did like the first as well, which disappoints me that the second one sounds bad.

Stoney_Titan has the right of it, really. If you can afford to kick in a few bucks on a sale just to keep these publishers from the "HURRDUUR IT DUN SOLD ON DEH XBAWKS AND DEH PSTRIPPEL, BUT PC GAMERZ DONT BUY JUST ALL PIRATE" crap. As I said before, not worth a full price ticket but it can be fun. I really enjoyed Just Cause 2 which I rank above both Prototype series for the open world environment, but Prototype 2 has more variety of enemies and ways to kill them overall, but most importantly doesn't have fucking psychic military. Unlike JC2 there are decent ways to end combat (hide, switch to a stolen body, kill everyone around you), instead of shooting down every enemy only for mysterious helis to come out of the horizon constantly.

That was my impression, I freaking loved the first game. The gameplay really made you feel like a damn demigod running around fucking shit up like a real bad ass. I overlooked the repetitive missions and some of the shoot-a-dev-in-the-face annoying race events. Cause when it came to the action, I was all in.

I heard and read no reviews about this game before playing. I am about 66% of the way done and I do most if not all the side missions in order to power up quicker than the game expects me to. It is still kinda repetitive as far as the side missions, but the main story is not too bad. The game is still loads of fun and runs perfect on my machine all settings maxxed out. Last time I used mouse and keyboard and this time I used my Logitech RumblePad and the experience is better on the gamepad. I play for hours at a time and minimize the window when I want to do normal computer stuff. I can alt-tab right back and I get no performance issues what so ever.

This game is definitely worth the $30 price range and below. But it does suffer from the some of the same repetitiveness from the first game yet still manages to improve on the way the side missions flow. I like that they give hints to where the strike squads/block boxes are on the map. It does seem much easier than the first however, comparing normal settings to both.

If you liked the first one, you will like this one. The graphics don't seem like a major step up but in some areas, they do. I would call it inconsistent texture quality and particle effects.

Stoney_Titan has the right of it, really. If you can afford to kick in a few bucks on a sale just to keep these publishers from the "HURRDUUR IT DUN SOLD ON DEH XBAWKS AND DEH PSTRIPPEL, BUT PC GAMERZ DONT BUY JUST ALL PIRATE" crap. As I said before, not worth a full price ticket but it can be fun. I really enjoyed Just Cause 2 which I rank above both Prototype series for the open world environment, but Prototype 2 has more variety of enemies and ways to kill them overall, but most importantly doesn't have fucking psychic military. Unlike JC2 there are decent ways to end combat (hide, switch to a stolen body, kill everyone around you), instead of shooting down every enemy only for mysterious helis to come out of the horizon constantly.

I'm sorry: Prototype 1 and 2 can't wipe Just Cause 2's ass although I'll grant you the specific points you made there.

I never played the first Prototype but I'm really enjoying this one. I played straight for about two hours yesterday and never ran into any issues or crashes. I do have to agree with Xaeos about the military, although I've noticed the more you level up, the harder it becomes to evade them.

I like it, plays well enough! However, I can't seem to get past one of the missions...total glitch...game breaking...haven't been back to the game. No patch in the near future as far as I can tell.

Game is broken, and while I enjoyed it while it worked it doesn't now.

Back