anyone play with fluke networks OptiView tablet?

cyr0n_k0r

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.flukenetworks.com/enterprise-network/network-testing/optiview-xg-network-analysis-tablet

We are investing large sums into our infrastructure over the next 12 months (several million dollars) and I am looking for something that will help me run down problems with our new network. We will be re-pulling several thousand drops, adding several hundred access points, pulling over 15,000 feet of new fiber, etc.

I need something that is an all in one device that can help me troubleshoot any/all kinds of problems related to cable testing, fiber testing, WLAN testing, heat maps, site surveys, PoE issues, and anything related to Layer 1.

I have been looking at the OptiView tablet XG and it seems like a great device to do all that for us. Does anyone have any experience with this type of unit? All I've ever played with are lower end cable testers for Cat5e.

Fiber testing isn't a super priority but being able to test Cat5E problems of any kind as well as signal/interference issues with our new wireless network is a huge concern.
I'm wondering if the XG tablet can run the Fluke Air Magnet Survey software on the actual tablet unit, or how that all works.

http://www.flukenetworks.com/enterprise-network/network-testing/optiview-xg-network-analysis-tablet

We are investing large sums into our infrastructure over the next 12 months (several million dollars) and I am looking for something that will help me run down problems with our new network. We will be re-pulling several thousand drops, adding several hundred access points, pulling over 15,000 feet of new fiber, etc.

I need something that is an all in one device that can help me troubleshoot any/all kinds of problems related to cable testing, fiber testing, WLAN testing, heat maps, site surveys, PoE issues, and anything related to Layer 1.

I have been looking at the OptiView tablet XG and it seems like a great device to do all that for us. Does anyone have any experience with this type of unit? All I've ever played with are lower end cable testers for Cat5e.

Fiber testing isn't a super priority but being able to test Cat5E problems of any kind as well as signal/interference issues with our new wireless network is a huge concern.
I'm wondering if the XG tablet can run the Fluke Air Magnet Survey software on the actual tablet unit, or how that all works.

I would like to play with it BUT:

Fluke OptiView XG Network Analysis Tablet - network monitoring device
Mfg. Part: OPVXG-LAN-10G | CDW Part: 2550717 | UNSPSC: 43222634
Fluke Networks

$29,579.86 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, it is pricey indeed. However compared with a one stop shop device that can help you in your day to day operations after investing millions in infrastructure its a good deal.

What is the point of spending all this money then not having anything to help you make sure it stays in good condition once it is turned over to you to support it.

We have one of them at work that the network engineer frequently says I could replace him with it.

Judging by the few times I have played with it, he's not kidding.

I have seen it mapping out the wifi frequency's around, ability to tell you what port of what switch it is plugged into and so forth. It's a pretty awesome tool. Trying to get him to teach me more about it as I am studying for CCNA.

Back