Anyone on roadrunner east coast having slow performance?

damonposey

2[H]4U
Take a look at this strange traceroute:

tracert1.jpg

And sometimes when I ping from command prompt pings are negative. like seriously it will say -30 ping in DOS.

Every site in general is slow. Usually I can stream from youtube on first load without it ever stopping to load more data, but takes forever right now. This has been going on and off since 4th of july weekend, and I'm wondering if anyone else has this or maybe its just me.

ok, so it was my modem!

i was getting like 200kbits download at the speed test, RR came and replaced the modem and now I'm getting 9 mbits, faster than I've ever had actually from them. It's just strange how your modem can all of a sudden just partially die, and make your speeds really bad.

But yeah hexx that's what I suspected at first, usually what I'll do is filter out all IPs internet access but me to see if its that. because usually when this happened it was my roommates filesharing, but this time, bad modem.

damonposey -

I'm in nyc, specifically queens and i'm getting TERRIBLE download speeds.

I have Time Warner but am using earthlink as my ISP. I'm suppose to be getting 10 Mbps Down and a paltry 500 Kbps up.

My up is fine, but for the past week my down hasn't broke 1400 Kbps -- embarrassing.

I've tried all the speed test sites i could find, removed my router, connected a clean laptop and get the same results.

I have time warner coming tomorrow to perform their line signaling test, we'll see how that goes.

It's so frustrating to have to be stuck with time warner...

Back