• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone OC'ing a D820? (If so...)

pikawel

Ex-Con
Joined
Dec 19, 2000
Messages
916
...what mobo and RAM? I'm getting that Intel bundle and I think the only thing I'm going to keep is the actual processor. Looking for any suggestions. I was looking at the offerings from ECS but some reviews said it wasn't such a hot overclocker,

any help is appreciated!
 
i got my bundle in today, and used the chip in my coworkers SLI board to compare my system with his, his framerates were TERRIBLE in fear, and bf2, i hope you are planning on a 3.4GHz+ OC or you will be hating that chip.

to answer your question get an ASUS board :)
 
Then I guess I'll just get myself a cheap-ass dual-DVI vidcard and call this the business PC... lol.
 
Alright, I should probably go over somethings. I honestly don't do much gaming. I would like to squeeze as much CPU power out of this thing as I can. I ordered an SI-120 though I'm undecided on what fan to throw on it.

I saw the Asus board that nears the $200 mark. What are my other OC board options? Its disappointing that Epox doesn't even make a board for this yet.
 
pikawel said:
Alright, I should probably go over somethings. I honestly don't do much gaming. I would like to squeeze as much CPU power out of this thing as I can. I ordered an SI-120 though I'm undecided on what fan to throw on it.

I saw the Asus board that nears the $200 mark. What are my other OC board options? Its disappointing that Epox doesn't even make a board for this yet.

Panaflo M1A 120mm
Abit LG-81
 
The only true motherboard option (in my opinion) is the Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe. If you can get your hands on one it will allow you to squeeze as much performance out of your Pentium D 820 as possible.
 
The Doc said:
The only true motherboard option (in my opinion) is the Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe. If you can get your hands on one it will allow you to squeeze as much performance out of your Pentium D 820 as possible.

I've been playing with the LG-81 for the last couple weeks with a PD 830 and I can honestly say that I can't find a single problem with it...
 
Have you tried taking apart a forman grill and using the top as a heatsink? You could have a bbq while you encode. :cool:
 
Back
Top