Anyone notice any big jumps in their points?

Pantherboy

Limp Gawd
I have been an average folder for several years now.. I have approx 4-6 computers that I have folding on any average day. Yesterday I logged in to check my stats and low and behold I have jumped from November 2010 averaging about 20 - 40 thousand points a month to December doing close to 100,000 points in one month to January doing close to 200,000. Never have I seen numbers like this except from my cousin (Axdrenalin's) "farm". Did Stanford release some super WU or something? I'll attach a link to my monthly graph. Thanks for the input guys...

http://www.hardfolding.com/fh_stats...4&chart=fhm_graph&ty=monthlyp&ty1=bar&tnum=33

I have been an average folder for several years now.. I have approx 4-6 computers that I have folding on any average day. Yesterday I logged in to check my stats and low and behold I have jumped from November 2010 averaging about 20 - 40 thousand points a month to December doing close to 100,000 points in one month to January doing close to 200,000. Never have I seen numbers like this except from my cousin (Axdrenalin's) "farm". Did Stanford release some super WU or something? I'll attach a link to my monthly graph. Thanks for the input guys...

http://www.hardfolding.com/fh_stats...4&chart=fhm_graph&ty=monthlyp&ty1=bar&tnum=33

Well you have put through a lot more work units, has the use of the computers changed in any way?

Do you have a passkey assigned to one of the clients?

Is Ax throwing some points your way?

With regards to your super WU,it is possible to get 140,000 points from a WU. But you need some serious [H]ardware to do it

Well you have put through a lot more work units, has the use of the computers changed in any way?

Not at all... I have 4 computers at work crunching, no changes in usage.

Do you have a passkey assigned to one of the clients?

Yes my work server and my work desktop.. Others have just my username and team #

Is Ax throwing some points your way?

Lol... I don't think so.. or he would have mentioned it..

With regards to your super WU,it is possible to get 140,000 points from a WU. But you need some serious [H]ardware to do it

Quad core server is a dell mid range system w/ 8gigs ram.. work desktop is an AMD Phenom II Quad core w/ 4gigs ram.. nothing special though...

Just strange to have it jump so suddenly I thought...

http://www.hardfolding.com/fh_stats/index.php?pz=125&cdis=1&id=596374&chart=fhm_graph&ty=weeklyp&ty1=bar&tnum=33

We can narrow it down further to the week of 12/12/10. You put up 5K points the previous week, then put up 15K points that week, then doubled that the following week and added another 13K the week after. Might that have corresponded to switching one or more of the 24/7 machines to smp? Your work unit count did not go up as drastically, so something like an smp switch is likely. You are putting up 6K points per day pretty consistantly, so 200K point months look like your norm now.... :)

i think its just the hardfolding stats that are wrong.. take a look here your stats are all normal.

Same story on EOC - a big jump starting the week of 12/12:

12.26.10 | 46,619 | 62
12.19.10 | 33,667 | 39
12.12.10 | 15,840 | 63
12.05.10 | 3,113 | 40
11.28.10 | 3,718 | 44

Pantherboy,

According to your stat list on Kakaostats, here is your PPW list.

Date--------Points---WUs
12.06.10 | 02,586 | 35
12.13.10 | 15,702 | 61
12.20.10 | 41,024 | 42
12.27.10 | 39,457 | 61
01.03.11 | 50,751 | 69
01.10.11 | 43,045 | 41
01.17.11 | 41,831 | 56
01.24.11 | 44,478 | 57

Last edited:
I don't think it is the case here but sometimes Stanford performs corrections when for one reason or another there has been an accumulation of uncredited WUs, and are then dispensed at once. Sirmonkey is right in that the EOC stats don't appear to be showing any anomalies and must be something else.

Thanks for all the input guys.. I do have my work server doing SMP's now.. so maybe it finally took off. I will be back into work tonight and i'll check on it... All of your input has helped me out.. Thanks again!

Wow...sorry I was late to the game here. Been out of the loop for a couple od fays with this awful stomach bug that I wouldn't wish on *anyone*.

I'm betting on the SMP flag as well...nice ramp up!

Wow...sorry I was late to the game here. Been out of the loop for a couple od fays with this awful stomach bug that I wouldn't wish on *anyone*.

I'm betting on the SMP flag as well...nice ramp up!

I feel for ya man... We had it last week... all of the family at once.. it was... shall i say bad lol...

Thanks for the input... I guess I can make my million point milestone here in the next day or two lol...

I feel for ya man... We had it last week... all of the family at once.. it was... shall i say bad lol...

Thanks for the input... I guess I can make my million point milestone here in the next day or two lol...

Sounds like the illness that was going around my college last semester. :(
Lots of students and professors had to take days off.

Last edited:
Back