• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone not have issues with their 2001FP

Ingonuts13

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
1,982
Just wondering since mine just arrived.

NO Backlight Issue

BUT.....I do have about 3 stuck blue pixels and 2 green and a RED. I can barely notice them, but I am really considering asking for a replacement. Before I do, I figured I would find out if this is just a defect or can I expect to get a perfect one sometime?
 
sounds like thats a lot of f'ed up pixels. Seems like the normal max for warrenty replacement it 3 or so. I would definitly return it.
 
I've heard of people getting perfect panels but 3 stuck pixels isn't so bad. You can try an return but I'd bet you'd get a worse one from what I'm reading here.

You might want to try that trick of rubbing the pixels gently with a soft cloth to see if they'll come unstuck.

Anyway, sounds like you got a pretty decent monitor. I'd probably keep it.
 
Hmm,

Well I think I am going to give it the weekend and take it for a real test drive. I can see having one or two dead pixels, but now i notice the uneven backlight issue too in the upper right hand corner. I am probably going to ask for a replacement. Hopefully Dell customer support takes care of me.:D
 
Five dead SUBpixels isn't unusual. I probably have that many, and I never notice any of them.

Five dead entire pixels would be a problem, and I'd return that.
 
My first 2001fp was perfect. No dead pixels/subpixels. And the backlight issue was next to nonexistant... And I was glad.

However, I just got my second one yesterday and am not so lucky. It has about 12 or so stuck subpixels (no completely dead pixels) and the backlight issue is fairly bad....:(

I think I'll try to get a replacement for this second one...
 
I have slight backlighting issues and two dead sub-pixels. It didn't take me long to become accustomed to it though. I barely notice the dead sub pixels at all now and the backlighting never really bothered me from the beginning.
 
well, I mean, not to bash you guys. But did any of you know about these issues when you bought them? It seems like such a popular monitor... yet nearly everyone thats had one has had some kind of major problem with it. Now I don't know about you guys but I think that would stop me from buying something like that.
 
Originally posted by pbXassassinX1524
well, I mean, not to bash you guys. But did any of you know about these issues when you bought them? It seems like such a popular monitor... yet nearly everyone thats had one has had some kind of major problem with it. Now I don't know about you guys but I think that would stop me from buying something like that.
If there had been a problem, I'd have sent it back. But I literally don't notice it at all, so I don't care.
 
I don't seem to have a backlighting issue, but my eyes may just not be picking it up, or I may be confusing it with screen glare from a desk light.

I have one stuck-on green subpixel about 2 inches from the corner. I can't notice it from my normal seating position.
 
Originally posted by pbXassassinX1524
It seems like such a popular monitor... yet nearly everyone thats had one has had some kind of major problem with it.
THAT is comedy! :D
 
So most of you have some pixel issues then. I still may ask them to send me another one simply because I can raelly notice two of them right in the center of my screen.
 
What's everone's manufacture dates? Mine is Nov, and seems it was repackaged. It does have the backlight thing in the upper right, maybe a couple inch area from the corner--which isn't annoying unless you stare up there only on certain very dark screens, which I do for some reason--but it appears to have no pixel problems whatsoever.

I'm now on the fence as to whether I wanna take my chances. Somehow, I can't imagine Dell doing anything differently as far as quality control or whatnot, because there's probably a lot of actual "small businesses" which receive them and don't even notice the minor imperfections. And since they are made in China.

I think I'm just gonna keep it on account of having no pixel problems.
 
My build date is November 2003 and I have a 100% perfect Panel. No dead pixels or sub pixels and 0 backlight leakage. I took me a few tries to get this perfect panel but it was well worth the effort.
 
January 2004 here.....

AND i just e-mailed Dell. I am going to return this one and hopefully get one with no dead pixels.:D
 
Originally posted by Cr@zy Chuckster
My build date is November 2003 and I have a 100% perfect Panel. No dead pixels or sub pixels and 0 backlight leakage. I took me a few tries to get this perfect panel but it was well worth the effort.

LIke you had to send back 2 units and the 3rd one was perfect?
 
Originally posted by I'm the Dude, man
LIke you had to send back 2 units and the 3rd one was perfect?

I actually went through 5 of them, although the first one they sent only had a couple of stuck sub pixels out of my direct viewing range that I could have lived with.

But for that kind of money I wanted a perfect unit and not to mention they knocked a 100 bucks off the total for my trouble so my total out the door price was 694.45 with tax for my precious :D
 
Back
Top