Anyone modded xboxs? (or any console for that matter)

overall03.JPG

overall01.JPG

Here's a couple shots of my xbox, sorry about the crappy quality. I took them with a camcorder and screen cap cos I don't have a digital camera. I stopped working on it cos I got bored with it. It's going to be watercooled if I ever get around to it again. I also have a small thread about it at the xbox-scene forum that you can check out, a few more crappy quality pics there too.

Originally posted by y_T
Well tonight, I bought 4 cans of spray paint. Krylon Fusion black and white, Krylon Gray, and this other company Candy Apple Red.I've been considering some options for my paint scheme, but I can't decide. Here's my basic setup (photoshop since I STILL haven't gotten my camera back).

Here are the paint schemes I've been thinking through.

Black and White
black-white-xbox.jpg

White and Black
white-black-xbox.jpg

Black and Red
black-red-xbox.jpg

Black and Gray
black-gray-xbox.jpg

White and Red
white-red-xbox.jpg

The part where the picture is, is going to be similiar to bonzanego's Fractal Shuttle (glossy picture behind with white LEDs lighting it up). Where the picture is is where I cut out. Any picture can pretty much go there.

So, which color scheme do you guys think looks best?

White and black, but I think before you go choosing colours, you need to take a stroll over to Halodex and ask him for his permission to use his work.

Hmm, I can't decide on colors, but I gotta paint it tonight.

And his site is Halo Vision, not halo dex :p

Or maybe you meant that was the guy's name? Anyways, yeah, I'm gonna ask his permission ofcourse, but I'll have the ability to swap out pictures at any time :D

So, overall, I wanna hear what colors you think I should paint it. Please hurry! I want comments!!!!! You know how it is to have every supply you need to mod; you NEED TO DO IT RIGHT AWAY! :p

Thanks guys! Oh, by the way, bubsie, that xbox IS AWESOME. I was thinking of a custom plexi enclosure, but I never had the balls to go through with it. I'd love to see some more pics and info on how you made it! Congrats and great first post!

Update update update!

I painted the edges red and left the rest black. I also did the front LED mod and changed the default color ring from green to red. This was about 2 days ago.

Today, I went to Lowes and got some plexi for the box. I got the right dimensions and it barely fits ontop of the DVD and the HDD, but it obviously can't be that simple. *insert Murphy's law*

I soon realized that it has many layers underneath the box cover and the screw holes were also in the way. About 45 minutes later of dremeling, it is complete. It's such a tight fit I can't put rivets or double sided tape, so I used clear silicon around the edges. I have a 2 lt. of Dr Pepper, two jars of coins, and a thing of air freshioner sitting on each corner to hold it down and bend it to look better while the silicon dries overnight.

On another note, the digicam is back in my possesion and pictures will probably be posted tomorrow!!!!!!! I still gotta clearcoat the red, get a bigger hdd, dvd window mod, and much more. Yay! This is my most successful mod yet! I can't wait to share the pictures with you guys!

Well, I took some pics tonight. I'm not the best at taking pics so please bear with me :p

xbox-sideangle.JPG

xbox-closeup-plexi.JPG

xbox-plexi-whole.JPG

xbox-top-paper.JPG

xbox-top-plexi.JPG

The pictures with the paper is showing how the picture might be there. Can you see how tight of a fit that plexi is!? I'm so lucky I didn't go like even an extra cm.

Whaddya think? I still need to do LEDs and junk. Don't have a clearcoat on the red yet and it's still sticky =\ I think I might have to sand it and repaint it with something else in the future.

once i get my led lights from lsdiodes.com and put them in my controller dongles and controller buttons i will post pics of the brightness! i amalso looking to get an Xecuter3 when it comes out

-warsaw

Yeah man, I'm gonna get some 12,000 mcd white LEDs from them, about 10.

Gonna light the sucker up GOOD! :D

So no one has any comments about my case? I know it doesn't look the most creative or best executed, but it took me probably 5-10 hours. *sniff sniff* :( :(

<edit> oh, and I plan on getting the X3 when it comes out too! :p Gonna buy my 120 gigger today I think.

Originally posted by y_T
Hmm, I can't decide on colors, but I gotta paint it tonight.

And his site is Halo Vision, not halo dex :p

Or maybe you meant that was the guy's name? Anyways, yeah, I'm gonna ask his permission ofcourse, but I'll have the ability to swap out pictures at any time :D

So, overall, I wanna hear what colors you think I should paint it. Please hurry! I want comments!!!!! You know how it is to have every supply you need to mod; you NEED TO DO IT RIGHT AWAY! :p

Thanks guys! Oh, by the way, bubsie, that xbox IS AWESOME. I was thinking of a custom plexi enclosure, but I never had the balls to go through with it. I'd love to see some more pics and info on how you made it! Congrats and great first post!

my bad, halodex was the e-mail i used to use. yes, halovision :p

I bougth this new cover type thing for my SP...Lemme put it on and try to grab some pics...

Originally posted by x-kid
well here is my modded xbox that i did. nothing spectacular. I just painted it, added some led's, and got a new Hellsing Jewel.

xbox028.jpg

xbox024.jpg

Ah Hellsing, still one of my favorite series. Nice job on your Xbox man.

That white Xbox what kind of paint is used and where can you buy it?

Originally posted by SanGreal
uh, why?

1: i meant halo'vision, not halodex
2: because it is his piece, he put some time into that, and it needs to be respected.

Originally posted by olaf2821
Ah Hellsing, still one of my favorite series.

Ditto on that...They stopped it for good? Cause I keep hearing that it will continue...

OK! Im getting my sire going now that I have tim. Anyone who wants their mod to be featured in Console Modding World drop me a line here along with the pics. If anyone is interested in typing a tutorial up e-mail me the tutorial ( I will give full credit ) and even if you just have a modchip take a pic, give it to us. We need it!

I probably know this answer but here it is i have been searching around for stuff on the xbox controller to pc and this is what i have found
http://boards.ign.com/Halo/b5240/46063396/?47
http://www.rc55.com/rc55/gallery/Xbox-Pad-Mod
http://www.xbox-emulation.co.uk/Xbox-Controller-Mod.shtml
http://phaseone.sytes.net/
Thats what i have found but i want to know if this will work with all XBOX Controllers such as S, Nyko, Pelican etc... i think it will just want to make sure! (Same connectors and everything I guess... maybe not?)

EDIT: Would the same drivers work on all of those? Just wondering so I can go buy one of them cheap aftermarket controllers and it would work instead of the real MICRO$OFT Thing!

I would assume they are the same, after all, the xbox has to recognize them all.

ok i've been getting requests for the windows ex box drivers for those of you who want to do the USB mod to the controller to plug em into your system...there plenty of mac driver out there so you mac users go find them your self

i posted the windows ones: theyre names X-Ctrl..

there the only ones i have found to work and back when you could still get them i herd they were best at the time...

any way enough rambling...i posted them up on my web space and they'll be up for one week so for those of you who want to grab em go at it, dont worry about bandwidth, its not my computer and its part of the 11 megs web space that came with our ISP subscription...and they such so hell down load allyou can:

http://webpages.charter.net/l0d2m1/cuxctrl.zip

well I hurried up and grabbed them both still wondering if the drivers only work with the microsoft controllers though

well i totally botched my first solder when trying to put led lights in my xbox controller dongle breakaway cord and it is ruined.... lol i got a smaller soldering iron to help, but where can i find a replacement cord?

-warsaw

alright, i got some nice pics of my xbox with its glowing controller dongles and i was wondering if any of you know a place where my pics can get hosted?

-warsaw

Heres a question I got my controller working. It works in Pac-Man. But it is not listed in the control section of Need for Speed Underground. I am using the Xctrl Drivers (BTW I have found them everywhere across the net) The game says I need DX9 Controller is this driver for DX9?

Originally posted by kill_emma

2: because it is his piece, he put some time into that, and it needs to be respected.

not really. i mean it's one thing if he uses the image and tries to make a profit off of it. but if he's using it for his own personal purpose then i believe he doesn't have to. it was obtained free (or so i think) so if he isn't going to make a profit there's no use.

Originally posted by ominslash
OK! Im getting my sire going now that I have tim. Anyone who wants their mod to be featured in Console Modding World drop me a line here along with the pics. If anyone is interested in typing a tutorial up e-mail me the tutorial ( I will give full credit ) and even if you just have a modchip take a pic, give it to us. We need it!

PLEASE kill the pop-ups

The only case modding I've done is adding a Xecutor 2.3+ Lite modchip. Love it. Allows me to do everything that I wish of it.

Back