Anyone modded xboxs? (or any console for that matter)

y_T

Weaksauce
I just started hacking up my case today. Cut out a NICE BIG X and I think I might go about doing the same thing bonzanego did with his Shuttle; high gloss paper printed on and lit up with LEDs.

Well at least that's what I THINK I remember him saying. I wish my digital camera was here instead of in NY (my aunt has it), or else I would post pictures of mine.

ANYWAYS, back on topic, anyone have xbox mods to post? Or any console for that matter! :D

i have some pics of my gamecube halfway modded... i need to retake them of the full mod...i also just modded my ps2 today... i'll take pics tomorrow and post tomorrow...

as a note, i think i'm planning on making a website devoted to console modding... would any of you visit and/or post images?

i converted a older x-box controller to USB and fancyied it up:

sanded%20exbox%20.jpg

come to think of it i dont have any pics of the connector...i'll get them tommorow...

either way its a simple conversion...take a USB cable and solder the wires in the cable to the wires for the connector on the controller (black-->black, green-->green, white-->white,red-->red) and then just chop off the yellow wire (redundant microsoft make it seem not a USB thing) and then plug it in and install the drivers...if you can find them

wtffatmustard.jpg

MUST GET CONTROLLER ! *power drool*

alright, gotta have one of those. Its just so awesome. anychance explaining a bit more in detail or pointing me to a guide?

man that guy loves mustard..

edit : that site sounds like something i would be interested in. Sir

I to have done the Xbox controller mod.

This is how you do it.

Cut Xbox controller wire.

Cut usb tip off of any useless usb device.

Twist the controllers COLORED wires to the COLORED wires of the tip of the usb device. Match color to color.

Be sure to electrical tape around each individual wire, then all as a whole. (Afterwards, I stripped some cable jacket from a part of the usb wire and covered the electrical taped part, then zip tied it for extra security.)

Plug it in.

Download drivers (post here or pm for link so Ill remember, you have to manualy tweak in control panel for desired performance)

The drivers I use are awesome, you just have to set the sensitivity to 1 and they work PERFECT.

Anyways, nuff said.

you should head over to Xbox Scene .... they have tutorials and forums and reviews and everything about xbox modidng... probably the best xbox modding site out there at the time.

-warsaw

best way to do the xbox controler is to buy the extension and cut that so you can still use the controller on a xbox. I also did it that way because i paid for the warranty for best buy so if i break it in the next 2 years they replace it.

well here is my modded xbox that i did. nothing spectacular. I just painted it, added some led's, and got a new Hellsing Jewel.

xbox028.jpg

xbox024.jpg

do a net search for Yoshi's Boxx the guy form techtv did a mod where he put every major game console into a computer.

where do you get led that you can put in your xbox and is there a tutorial anywhere on how to put them in? that is real cool looking

-warsaw

I got tired of looking at my gray PSX so I painted it orange.

[Edit- I just saw this line in somebody's signature... I had said orange the first time instead of gray and I didn't even realize it. D'oh!]

Im about to start some sort of modding, also i can get a site up for case modding, i have a server, i just need to register a domain, or i could make a small angelfire one, PM me if you would like to help and are good with dreamweaver or add me to msn @ [email protected]

OMG, I just started a console modding forum and I got a crappy cjb domain name too http://console-mods.cjb.net/ Lol weird, I only started it a day or two ago.

To the person who asked if you can hook up PS2 and PS1 pads to the PC...You can you need to run them through the paralell port. Theres a good tutorial for turning a controller port into this @ GameSX . Although the software to use the memory cards is in Japanese.

Although....This may be easier http://www.arcadecontrols.com/Mirrors/www.ziplabel.com/dpadpro/index.html Its a great site check it out reminds me I better add it to my console modding links stikcy @ the forum:D :D :D :D

Keep us posted on this talk of the console modding site, i've got tons of links if you want any. O check out the gallery @ My forum. The Genesis paint job and NES Hub are both mine you can use them for your site, if you want i'll email you the pics:D :D :D

dang they have so many tutorials and different mods for the xbox on xbox-scene.... its crazy! does anyone here know how to install and use evox without a modchip?

-warsaw

Yeah theres certain software exploits with some games that you can use. Better ask @ the Xbox Scene Forums:D

You can do an audio hack on the orriginal XDash. It's like a sowtware exploit, but you don't have to have game. Also, you might want to check out a dash other than evoX. It's fine for loading games and stuff, but BJ's dash MXM is far better to impress your friends with.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Originally posted by ominslash
Well We can go in together and have a site with how-to's and stufff witha gallery and then have the forums link on there or something.

If you guysget your stuff together and it takes off I might be willing to donate you the webspace for a real .com hosting.

JESUS! X-kid, that is VERY nice. I love the blue glow contrasting against the white. That is very tasteful. I give it a ten out of ten. :D

I have a server and all, just have no idea how to use it, i think i need to register a domain then link it to the DNS or something, its just i dont feel like paying to register a domain.

Originally posted by mattthemodder
OMG, I just started a console modding forum and I got a crappy cjb domain name too http://console-mods.cjb.net/ Lol weird, I only started it a day or two ago.

To the person who asked if you can hook up PS2 and PS1 pads to the PC...You can you need to run them through the paralell port. Theres a good tutorial for turning a controller port into this @ GameSX . Although the software to use the memory cards is in Japanese.

Although....This may be easier http://www.arcadecontrols.com/Mirrors/www.ziplabel.com/dpadpro/index.html Its a great site check it out reminds me I better add it to my console modding links stikcy @ the forum:D :D :D :D

Keep us posted on this talk of the console modding site, i've got tons of links if you want any. O check out the gallery @ My forum. The Genesis paint job and NES Hub are both mine you can use them for your site, if you want i'll email you the pics:D :D :D

Check out my thread on adding PSX ports to your computer over here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=675134

Its best to use the EMS USB2 converter.

I took off my jewel, cut a hole, and put on a new green jewel with a green cold cathod from a fan. looks good, but my digital camera cant get good enough pics. :(

Wow, this thread got a lot more attention than I thought it would! That's a really nice looking white box man!

I recently cut most of the X part of the Xbox out with my dremel, but I still need to sand it and paint it a dark gray with white highlights. What I'm going to put in the cut out X part is still kind of a mystery to me, but I have some pretty good ideas.

I'd love to show you guys pictures, but I can't because I don't have my digi cam with me yet. :(

Keep up the pictures and good work!

Can't wait to see more. I'll post mine asap.

Oh, and about the ps2 controller on your computer, they have USB adaptors. Hold on a sec, I'll find a link *goes and looks*

4 Player connector

Single player connector

But yeah, they're pretty common, just google em.

The memory cards slots in the drive bay can look quite cool too. But then hooking it to the paralell port from inside will be a pain:rolleyes:

813_1_t.jpg

813_2_t.jpg

What I really really wanna do is put some LEDs in where that cantona Port LEDs guide on xbox scene has them, but then have them fade in and out like on a G4 when the thing breathes. I have gotten a fade circuit to work, but right afterword, the stupid thing broke. now I am thinking of making a stainless steel enclosure for the xbox, I think that would be wicked as hell :cool:

Then I bought two of those blue xbox S controllers, and did the mod that brahm2 did, http://www.xb-t.com/gallery/data/media/32/clearcontmovie.avi , but my soldering skills blow, and the rumbling shook the LEDs loose, and now one of them doesnt work. :rolleyes: oh well, I have plenty more LEDs back at college, and I imagine I'll probably dissassemble and try again.

The breathing LED thing would be cool. I saw a tut on that a while back..

Stainless steel would be sweeeeeeeeeet:D

I have 3 switches in the front next to a bright blue led. Adds alot of functionality :D ;)

Well tonight, I bought 4 cans of spray paint. Krylon Fusion black and white, Krylon Gray, and this other company Candy Apple Red.I've been considering some options for my paint scheme, but I can't decide. Here's my basic setup (photoshop since I STILL haven't gotten my camera back).

Here are the paint schemes I've been thinking through.

Black and White
black-white-xbox.jpg

White and Black
white-black-xbox.jpg

Black and Red
black-red-xbox.jpg

Black and Gray
black-gray-xbox.jpg

White and Red
white-red-xbox.jpg

The part where the picture is, is going to be similiar to bonzanego's Fractal Shuttle (glossy picture behind with white LEDs lighting it up). Where the picture is is where I cut out. Any picture can pretty much go there.

So, which color scheme do you guys think looks best?

black and grey and black and red... those are the best two... i will post some pics on here once i get some led in the mail... i will be putting them underneath the buttons on my controllers

-warsaw

Back