Anyone looking for Swan m200mkii's these days?

Hey guys, hopefully it's ok to post this here.

I love these guys, but I'm selling them. I noticed that theaudioinsider still is majorly backordered so if any of you guys are drooling to get one, I'd be glad to hook someone up with my pair.

They're in perfect condition, haven't been blasted, dropped, or otherwise mistreated at all. Still have original packing and box to send them in. :)

I'm asking $210 for these. If this isn't allowed, mods please delete my post.

I just thought I would mention it here because a lot of people like these speakers on here and no place is selling them right now.

Edit: forgot to mention. I bought a Squaretrade 3yr extended on these guys at the time of sale (default warranty is 1yr) and I can transfer that to you (and send you the receipt with it).

Last edited:
I'm upgrading to passive speakers so I can eventually fill them out into a surround system.

Last edited:
http://www.ozhometheater.com/ozht_prodcat_multimedia_m200 m200mkii

add them to cart and they are $230 free shipping.

I believe it's same at audioinsider, but they aren't actually shipping (just taking backorders). ozhometheater is audioinsider's distributer (mine shipped from oz) so if TAI isn't shipping them yet, oz probably isn't (though I could be wrong).

Anyway, mine comes with a squaretrade warranty factored into the cost so that's some added value there. There's really nothing wong with these though and they do sound very good.

Last edited:
I just got a fantastic idea. If one of you decides you want it I could post on ebay when the double cashback goes in effect (8/10). We'd have to factor listing fees into the cost, but that would make them ~$180 shipped after cashback and you'd have the extended warranty on them.

Last edited:
Man those look nice. What's the sound signature like? Any bookshelves you could compare them to?

A bunch of charts you can check out here: http://www.swans-europe.eu/swans-monitor-lautsprecher+M52087573ab0.html

I can say they have excellent lower-mids (the big sticky point usually) and highs. The lower bass (55-70hz or so) is function, but I cut them off at 80 hz and use a sub below that. They can definitely work without a sub though and to be honest I'm not sure the benefit I got from using them with a sub was enough to warrant the cost.

I'd describe them as fairly transparent with a smooth response low-mids and up.

I can say they have excellent lower-mids (the big sticky point usually) and highs. The lower bass (55-70hz or so) is function, but I cut them off at 80 hz and use a sub below that.
If you don't mind me asking, do you set that through the flexbass setting on the xonar? Also how do you connect your sub?

Not at all. My Xonar settings are 2 channels over 5.1 analogue. I hook the Swans to the L/R (front) input using pc speaker(3.5)-to-Red/White RCA cable and hook the subwoofer to the center output in the same manner. And yes, I set the crossover on the sub itself to something like 100hz or 120 hz (I forget exactly, but don't feel like crawling around and getting dusty) and then let the flexbass on my Xonar DX handle the crossover like it's a traditional LFE. Honestly, I don't notice much difference between it with or without the sub since the speakers cover the majority of the audible range (where it isn't just vibrations) well on their own. The sub is just to give a little more kick to the low low frequencies.

I notice the difference primarily in movies and things with very pronounced bass. I'd call the sub a very slight improvement that fleshes out the bass, but not remotely requisite. Although, I'll also add that I spent some time fiddling with the volume and crossover to get it to match up with the Swans. I specifically didn't want overpronounced or thumpy bass. The Swans can act as standalone 2.0's if you don't mind the lack of those very low frequencies, but they really shine somewhere around 70-75hz and above.

You've got AV40's which probably means you'll need to set the crossover a little higher (since you've got smaller woofers). Probably something like 90-100hz, but I'd check a SPL graph of the response curve for your speakers and see where they start to drop off. If you're thinking about adding a sub, make sure you get one that lets you set the frequency cutoff so you can create that LFE filter through the Xonar.

Through bing (formerly microsoft live) search. There's a special promotion from bing starting Aug. 10 for Double cashback so ebay cashback will be double. Percentages for cashback vary but I'd expect double cashback to be something like 15-20% for ebay. It's gone as high 35% though a long while back. The cashback usually becomes available to withdraw from your bing account something like 60 days later.

Today's last call before I put these up BIN on ebay. And please, no more people masquerading trying to get me to ship to anonymous, unmarked PO Boxes or similar such scams this time...

Last edited:
Back