Anyone like a little NVIDIA Pr0n? (7900GX2)

AaronP

[H]F Junkie
My boss gave me these. He thought we had killed them (bad bios flashes) but I managed to restore them. 1 is in perfect condition, the other works fine but has 1 bad DVI port, but if you put that 2nd card as the "slave" card in when you do Quad SLI, it will perform beautifully. It's main flaw is that it displays color wrong, I don't know for sure if the other one shares the same symptom but I do know that in SLI they work perfectly.

These are OEM 7900GX2's, according to the people I've talked to at NVIDIA, these are very rare. Now for a little pr0n:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

These puppies pull a shit ton of power...but I still think the X2900XTX pulls more ;). I don't really have much use for them myself, and I'm not intending to post them up for sale but if anyone is interested, drop me a PM. :D Otherwise they'll reside in a static bag on my shelf till I have time to have fun with them.

lol I remember when those cards first came out and started the whole Quad SLi craze:p

I'm not terribly interested in drilling holes in my HDD bays so those beasts will fit.

I wouldn't be able to resist plopping those in a case and firing them up. While they probably generate enough heat to bake bread and pull a huge load of power, just for the [H]ell of it, you have to try them! :D

I wouldn't be able to resist plopping those in a case and firing them up. While they probably generate enough heat to bake bread and pull a huge load of power, just for the [H]ell of it, you have to try them! :D

Actually they really don't produce as much heat as you would think,but they do pull some serious power.

So these are pretty much the same thing as the 7950GX2, except for the clock speed, PCB layout, and amount of RAM?

Oh, and because I couldn't resist:

That's what she said :p

These actually use different GPU's. The 7950 used 7900GS Mobile GPU's this one uses normal desktop GPU's.

Back