Anyone know where the raid drivers are for Asus boards?

shiek

Limp Gawd
Hey there,

i have an ausus A8N-E mobo and i want to reinstall my OS, however i need the SATA raid drivers for this board in order for the OS to see the raid setup upon install. Asus doesnt seem to offer them on their website, or am i just blind?

if someone can find these drivers or point me in the right direction, that would be fantastic.

I've never had to install RAID drivers for winxp, so im not 100% sure, but i belive all you need is the chipset drivers. From within those, you should be able extract the raid drivers needed during the setup (start setup, then cancel after its done extracting the files). From there you can copy them to a floppy and install!

I also THINK that you can boot from the CD, which should bring up some proggie that will create a floppy for you that you can use to install the drivers from. Keep in mind that im actually not 100% sure about this, so you might want to wait for some1 to come along and confirm this.

yeah you were right. i went to the asus website again and they have the chipset drivers (a 5 meg download) which i missed before.. they have a disk maker for the raid drivers. thanks.

Chipset drivers form nforce4 drivers work just dandy...
got the same board... but my raid performance is shockingly shitty, for ATA drives.

Personally, I got the latest nForce drivers, installed it to my desktop, then copied the XP drivers folder onto a floppy. Worked perfectly for me.

Back