Anyone know where I can buy a Chenbro CK2804?

tycoonbob

Limp Gawd
I can't seem to find any online retailers that sell these.

Looking to pair one with my LSI 9261-8i controller in a Norco RPC-4224 for a RAID10 array of WD Red drives.

Thanks!

Why not get one of the more readily available SAS expanders? The Intel and HP ones work rather well.

I currently have the HP SAS Expander, but I want one based on a LSI chip for better compatibility. In LSI MSM, if I click find drive (or whatever it's called that is supposed to make the drive blink on the chassis), it doesn't work. I'm assuming this would work with a LSI-based SAS Expander, such as the Chenbro or even the Intel's.

Yes, I did mean CK22804.

I'm still not seeing anything on Google except for one retailer that wants $500+ for one. I'd suspect it should be in the $250-300 range, considering that the CK23601 is readily available in the $290-325 range.

In that case you should probably just get the 36 port model. You'll find some use for the extra ports later.

I've decided to just go with the 36-port model, and just purchased the CK23601 for ~$280. Should do me just fine, but I probably won't swap out my HP SAS Expander until I buy 4-6 WD Red 6TB drives (redoing my entire storage setup in the near future).

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Shit, I was going to say I think I might have one laying around lol. I replaced it with the 36p HP SAS Expander. Better choice.

Back