Nuzzles

[H]ard|Gawd
card59zu.jpg

card43ha.jpg

card39yv.jpg

card29rg.jpg

card10nr.jpg

So what is it? :p

Edit: Any specific pictures you want done to help identify, I'll be more than happy to provide them.

I want to say it looks kinda like the OLDER printer connectors...but I'm almost positive im incorrect. :D

By the looks of the caps on it, and the connectors, it looks like an old test/evaluation board for 1284. Not sure though.

That really reminds me of a controller board out of the old HP deskjets. Perhaps djnes might know more about that. I've got a ton of those around here somewhere; I'll see if I can find one to compare. I hated the dumbass old HPs that used the nonstandard 30V power supplies. It would cost more to buy a new power supply from HP than it would to buy a whole new printer.

Well if you google mdk321v-0, which is the part number on the board, you find a lot of obsolete electrionic stuff.

zoobaby said:
Well if you google mdk321v-0, which is the part number on the board, you find a lot of obsolete electrionic stuff.

Thats what I did to get the link I posted above. But there were no descriptions in the 5 pages it kicked back. Just that one and one about Acer components. I wanted to see if the chips number on that thing matched the specs on my link. I thought it may be out of an old arcade machine or something.

Viper16 said:
I want to say it looks kinda like the OLDER printer connectors...but I'm almost positive im incorrect. :D
It really is a Centronics connector.
upriverpaddler said:
What does the big chip in the middle say?
Seconded. It looks like a Motorola processor.

Hey thanks. I'll get a picture of the big chip in the middle.

And now that it's been mentioned, the connector really does remind me of a printer. I knew I recognised it, just couldn't place my finger on it.

Off Topic: Been trying to get this computer that my uncle built for my mum to go properly....P. I . T. A

chip21bp.jpg

chip11dt.jpg

There we gooo.

Yeah, I saw those. They don't really tell you anything though, do they? ; /

Crap. Nothing I recognize; Motorola doesn't make semiconductors anymore but they made lots of parts for other companies, from off-the-shelf embedded processors to customized ASICS.

The larger part is in a package called a "quad flat pack", and the bottom one is in what's called a "plastic leadless chip carrier".

You're searching the wrong numbers, Panda Man.

The part numbers are SC414270FT and SC79199FN. FN means PLCC, and FT means QFP.

9730 is the date code; both parts were made in the 30th week of 1997. CPCU and AMH are probably factory or process line codes.

FreeScale is the company that bought Motorola's processor business, but I don't see any of these part numbers there.

Back