anyone know of some good ramsinks?

Xxplosiv

Limp Gawd
ok, just ordered waterblock for my PNY GT, and im wondering what would be soem good video ramsinks, should i just get some thermaltake copper system ramsinks and stick them on? also has to be less than 20 bucks, since i only have 20 left lol

what kind of waterblock did u order?
if its a crappy one it wont cover the ram, if it is a good 1 it will cover the ram, and it will do a much nicer job like the DD gf 6xxx series waterblocks they put out

What ever ram sinks you get make sure they cool well. :D

I got some cheap ones from fry's and I don't think they help much if any.

~Adam

I would purchase from this guy. I bought some sinks from him for my 6800GT and they work great. Very quick on sending and good in manufacturing.

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=252537&[email protected]

***New design with more fins *** Blue or Gold color 18mm x 15mm x 12mm (H x L x W) ChipSinks with a peel-off Chromerics thermal interface pad. Those heatsinks are much taller than other that are available on the market. $0.80 each

Black aluminum South / North Bridge heatsinks 35mm x 35mm x 30mm (L x W x H). They come with the peel-off Chromerics thermal interface pad separately. $3.50 each shipped

MeTaSpARKs said:
I would purchase from this guy. I bought some sinks from him for my 6800GT and they work great. Very quick on sending and good in manufacturing.

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=252537&[email protected]

***New design with more fins *** Blue or Gold color 18mm x 15mm x 12mm (H x L x W) ChipSinks with a peel-off Chromerics thermal interface pad. Those heatsinks are much taller than other that are available on the market. $0.80 each

Black aluminum South / North Bridge heatsinks 35mm x 35mm x 30mm (L x W x H). They come with the peel-off Chromerics thermal interface pad separately. $3.50 each shipped

I agree, this is a good deal and those heat sinks look good, I'd buy some of I could.

~Adam

I have a 9800 Pro with a Maze-4 block. I use the Vantec Iceberg copper ramsinks. They fit nicely under the barbs and they do a good job of cooling the ram with a window fan. Only thing though, if you get these, the thermal tape is kinda crappy so I suggest using AS adhesive to attach them. To make it so you can get the sinks off again, mix the adhesive and then mix it 50/50 with regular AS3. (I like AS3 because it's easier to mix)

I read a review somewhere that ramsinks don't really do much. Of course its better to have them than not I guess but no significant performance increases using them due to less heat.

I had some of those iceberg ramsinks. I picked one up, picked up a nail, and went to town. Its actually just painted aluminium, or some other kind of light silvery metal :p. Just go to a metalwork shop and pick up some 2 or 3mm thick copper strip and do some lapping then you have a mad looking long flat copper heatsink for like no money.

Back