Anyone Know of a Good Disk Recovery / UnDelete

Loath

n00b
Accidently mixed up my two HD's and formatted windows onto the one I treasure. Is there any good programs that can snag the data back? I did "quick format" so its not destroyed, but needs to be coaxed out of its dark hiding place.
Suggestions Please?
Many thanks

1. Don't run the drive until you are ready to do a retrieval.
  2. Prepare yourself for the worst, and if something better happens, be happy with that.
  3. I've used
    Winternals ERD Commander 2005 to perform a number of recoveries - using the Disk Commander and File Restore utilities.
  4. My method was to run off another available drive with enough space to pull all of the files onto, then connect the disk with the files to be recovered to a secondary IDE channel or external USB Adapter, then run the recovery that way.
  5. good luck

If by Quick Format you mean you stopped the process as soon as the Quick Format was done, that's a good thing. If, however, you did the Quick Format and then the file copy started, that's a bad thing.

My personal recommendation is: OnTrack EasyRecovery, the gold standard I've used for many years now and it has never failed to recover data as the data is there and recoverable which is the most important part of all. If it's been crosslinked, or written over for any reason, forget it, nothing will recover it at that point.

Another recommended product (not mine, but other people I've dealt with) is R-Studio.

Hope this helps...

ps
ERD2005 as mentioned above has worked for me in a few tests I've done, but OnTrack is a company that's been around for many years now and they are the most popular data recovery company on the planet, so I'll stick with them personally. Good luck...

I have had great luck with GetDataBack from Runtime Software. http://www.runtime.org/gdb.htm

It has saved my behind a couple of times. You can use the demo to see if it can find your files, but as DevilDoc said make sure not to be running from the drive in question.

Um, hey Loath, cross posting is a no-no. And it really fucks with peoples heads.

Anyhow, GetDataBack, as recommended above, and in your identical post in Disc Storage Sysyems, will do what you want.

Back