Anyone Know how to remove this from the Context Menu ?

The-One

Gawd
I'm pretty sure it cam from Office 2007, could be wrong though.
I already deleted something in

My Computer\Hkey_Classes_Root\*\shellex\Contextmenu Handlers

that had the word Groove in it but it didn't work.

untitled.jpg

Thanks for your time...

Groove is a collaboration tool add-on for Office 2007. I just downloaded the trial version a short time ago myself.

Anything on any context menu can be easily removed (warning: once you delete it, most likely a reinstallation of the software package is the only way to get it back) by running RegEdit and then doing a search for something related to the context menu item.

So in your case, I'd say run RegEdit and then search for "Groove Folder" and it should turn up the context menu handler key which you can then (or you should be able to) delete at that point, which will remove that item from any context menus.

I have to do that with several applications, like Paint Shop Pro which adds a "Browse with Paint Shop Pro" to every context menu I get. Search with RegEdit for "Browse with Paint" and when it finds it, I just press Delete, say Yes and it's gone from the context menus.

Hope this helps...

EDIT:

Most of that context menu stuff sits underneath:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder in either \shell, \shellex, or even \ShellNew but it looks like you already got that far. :)

Thanks for the info.
So far I still can't get it out .
I searched the registry and deleted the only
thing that said Groove Folder but the option is still there.

The-One said:
Thanks for the info.
So far I still can't get it out .
I searched the registry and deleted the only
thing that said Groove Folder but the option is still there.
Oh, the word "Groove" is definitely hiding in the registry somewhere, if it's in your context menu.

The only other thing I can think of is that "Groove" has been put into a binary-encoded string somewhere.

Many context menu options show up as an option when you install the program, I know for a fact for PSP and Office 2003. You just gotta pay attention. :p

Anyone have a solution ?

Or I could reinstall and see if it's an option.

Back