Anyone know how many Amps each fan header supports on the MSI Z97M?

DarkDubzs

Limp Gawd
I am planning to use a PWM splitter on this MSI Z97M mobo. It has 4 four-pin fan headers, but I need to hook up 5 PWM fans, im just short on one header, so the solution would be a splitter. Initially, I wanted this splitter so I could get power off the PSU instead of drawing double Amps from the header and stressing the mobo further... this one seemed perfect, draws power from the psu and gets info from a mobo header for PWM, but they are out of stock everywhere and I am sure they are discontinued:( So I found this one instead, which shows to be popular and should get the job done, but I still do not want to shorten the life of the header or the entire mobo because of drawing too much amperage from one header. The fans I will be connecting to this splitter (from a single header)are two Noctua NF-F12's, which draw .05 Amps (max draw, not continuous draw, IIRC) and I read that fan headers nowadays usually can power up to 1Amp, is that correct? Even if so, I dont like being right on the edge of support and stressing the board so much like that.

Should I be worried? Would that splitter work? If any of you can find out (I could not) how many Amps each fan header supports on this board (or any in this board series), that would be amazing.

Any help, recommendations, feedback greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Usually it's 1A. Mobo manual usually has the correct value. You can easily run two fans from one header.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back