• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone know how I can make this work?

1776

n00b
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
4
Hi guys, I had a drive I was using in an externl USB case on my work computer.

I brought it home, took it out of the USB case, and installed it in my home PC.


It shows up in disk managment in windows:

disktrouble1az5.jpg


and it shows up as drive letter i: in "my computer"

but when I double click on it, I get a message saying "access denied"

disktrouble2pu0.jpg


Any ideas on what the trouble is? This drive worked perfectly in the USB enclosure at work, but I no longer have that enclosure so can't hook the drive up via usb at home.

Thanks for any help you can give.
 
Is there data on the drive and if so, what?
Could you afford to format drive I:?
 
No there's data on the drive that I need to get off, otherwise I'd just format it and be good to go.
 
If you are running XP Pro, first disable "simple file sharing".
Then take ownership of the files.

Or....
If you were using the drive at work you had a different User Account.
Try creating a duplicate account on your home PC and see if you can gain access through it.
 
sprocket said:
If you are running XP Pro, first disable "simple file sharing".
Then take ownership of the files.

Or....
If you were using the drive at work you had a different User Account.
Try creating a duplicate account on your home PC and see if you can gain access through it.



THANK YOU!

Worked perfectly!!!!!

(edit, disabling simple file sharing and taking ownership that is)
 
Back
Top