Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Okay, so i'm really intrested in the science behind this kidna thing. I was for SETI@home, and i am for this. So i gotta ask: what's a frame? I'll keep looking, and maybe i can answer my own question, but in the meantime... call me stupid.
BillR: I already had that link, but thanks anyway
I think i found half of what i was looking for at Science of Folding@Home... I'm guessing, then, that each frame is basically like a frame of a movie, only here each frame is a fraction of a millionth of a second, and once all these frames have been collected together from all diffrient results, researchers can watch the protien fold? Hah, i'm already over my head...
Each frame is like single slide of a protien either starting to "fold" or "unfold" as the case may be. The reason behind this is to figure out way one protien will fold correctly and another will fold incorrectly. They are still trying to figure out why a protien will fold, what the trigger is.
The protiens go through this proccess so quickly that it is hard to see what is going on. This project helps to slow the proccess down enough to get a better idea what is happening.