• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone know anything about this?

I know back in the day Antec used to be considered one of the best brands for PSU's. I am out of the loop now I fear. Boy, that's a weird case.
 
From the pictures of the case on newegg the power supply is model CP-850 which from Amazon and Newegg is discontinued.

I am out of the loop now I fear. Boy, that's a weird case.

Didn't they have an all black version similar to that years ago?
 
No, honestly I was looking for ~650w power supply. I will use much much less than that initially, but I plan on building up later. Most likely Kaveri + r9 270 or AM3+ + R9 270 + a boat load(6-10) of HDD's to start. Over clocked of course.

I was looking at the corsair outlet for power supplies but it makes me nervous knowing that the power supply has already been refurbished once. It's not something you want to go cheap on imo.

I am wanting to build a no light and virtually no sound case. I was looking at cases with sound dampening when I came across that one. I have used it's sister cases for a couple builds in the past and it wasn't too bad. I just didn't know anything about that power supply.
 
As another poster mentioned, it's kind of a weird case. I don't like the front door for airflow. If you want a solid case, then look @ the Antec Three Hundred "Illusion" case. Comes with four (excellent) fans 3-120mm & one 140mm on top for around $60.00-$70.00 shipped from Newegg. The fans alone would cost you @ least $50.00 (Double BB fans) Yeah...It doesn't have USB 3.0 in the front, but does that really matter?

Buy a stand-alone PSU. Wait for a good deal & pull the trigger. If you use a Micro-ATX MB the Coolermaster N200 is a gem for it's price!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119274
 
Back
Top