Anyone Know Any Dell 2405WFP Deals?

DasFox

Limp Gawd
Well I must fess up I figure, what the heck, I'll try out a Dell 2405 if I can find a GREAT deal on it somewhere.

Someone showed me this Slickdeals coupon:

http://www.slickdeals.net/#p7443

Now that's the deal I'm talking, but it seems expired. I called Dell Business today, but all they would give me is 25% off for the price of $739.20 shipped, well I didn't like that so I passed.

Anyone know if there is anything out there for around $650 shipped?

THANKS

$740 shipped isn't too bad if you normally have to pay tax. The $640 deal came out to $695 shipped for me because of tax. I don't have to pay tax for home, but I do for small business. I'm sure with the 2407 coming out there will be another deal on the 2405 soon.

Actually she said on the phone it was $739 shipped then when I looked at it online in my Dell account it was $769.

Forget that, I know people have bought these for around $680 shipped.

ALOHA

If you look in the 2407 thread, it seems people have been getting them for $699 shipped through a guy name Brad at Wipro. Not sure about the details though.

Szap said:
If you look in the 2407 thread, it seems people have been getting them for $699 shipped through a guy name Brad at Wipro. Not sure about the details though.

I'll pass, the 2407 have issues that need fixing, not worth messing with.

DasFox said:
I'll pass, the 2407 have issues that need fixing, not worth messing with.

He forgot to add we got it for $699 shipped + tax..you always have to pay tax. If you missed the deal..suck it up and spend more money, or just freaking wait. No need to ask people..they can't do anything about it to help you.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about 2405. No way you can get 2407 at that price.

Well I wrote this Brad guy at Wipro to see if anything was still around, so we'll see. By the way who is this guy and this can be trusted to purchase from?

I don't know anything about any Brad from a Wipro, so I want to make sure all is well.

ALOHA

Das Fox, I'm also from Hawaii, Oahu to be exact. I placed an order with Brad last Friday and received my 2405 this past Monday. It had zero dead pixels, and zero back light leakage. You can rest assured that these guys are legit. Also he gave me free shipping to Hawaii.

Btw, with any other Dell deal you cannot get free shipping to Hawaii anyway. They MAKE you select next day air which normally runs anywhere between $27.00-$80.00.

Aloha Brah, nice to see some Local Kine around these parts. :)

Well I sent him a email today, so hopefully I'll hear something back tomorrow.

ALOHA

Buy from cotco.com for 800 and you can return it in 3 year and get soemthing new that will come out by then and you wont loose any money...

GJohn said:
Buy from cotco.com for 800 and you can return it in 3 year and get soemthing new that will come out by then and you wont loose any money...

What are you talking about cotco.com and then return it in 3 years? LOL

ALOHA

hi guys, i live on oahu too. we put up with a lot of crap when it comes to shipping charges so i love it when someone will actually ship something big for free

Dude, you can return it anytime you want, or exchange it...
Pay lil bit more at front but in long run its really worth it

Wouldn't that be...$800 + tax + shipping? :confused: That'd be like what $900..$950? :rolleyes:

Well it says -----> Shipping & Handling included

Look at the URL, from what that looks like to me it's only $799

How the heck can they offer something where you can return it anytime or exchange it in 3 years?

I mean that is like saying get a free monitor every 3 years, that's crazy.

LOL :)

Well I just renewed my Costco card and ran a cart check on the LCD:

Subtotal: $799.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Tax: $33.28
Order Total: $833.27

With the Costco return/warranty policy this is WAY worth it.

Now last question, I heard when these came out there was some lag in them, but I read somewhere that they fixed this issue with the newer releases.

Anyone have a date on this, as to what month for this year I want to be on the look out for, to make sure I get one with the problem fixed in it?

THANKS

Could anyone explain the Costco return/warrenty policy a little more? From what I understand you can return the LCD for any reason you want. (pixel, backlight bleeding issues). And is it also true that if the monitor breaks within three years you can return it? I couldn't find this info on their site anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

costco has always been the coolest place on earth for returns. whatever their policy is, you'll love it compared to others i'm sure. that's to say, i have no idea what their exact policy is.

aznx said:
what if the policy changes in the next 3 years.... :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

LOL, yeah no kidding, but sure they'd have to honor what was given in the past.

I was just about to buy one of these from this Brad at Wipro that everyone was going off on, but why would I want to do that when I can pay a little more, if there is a problem with it, drive into town and return it to the store and just get another sent to me online again.

Sheesh talk about sweet and easy :)

ALOHA

Ok getting back to my last question please?

Now last question, I heard when these came out there was some lag in them, but I read somewhere that they fixed this issue with the newer releases.

Anyone have a date on this, as to what month for this year I want to be on the look out for, to make sure I get one with the problem fixed in it?

ALOHA

DasFox said:
Ok getting back to my last question please?

ALOHA

Well hopefully Costco sends you a pretty recent unit, or else you'll be driving back and forth quite a lot.

Yeah no kidding, BUT I just stopped myself for a sec today and asked myself again, "Do I really want a Dell"?

Hmm, LOL ;)

I'm totaly sold on the Costco returns, I mean you can't beat this, BUT I'd love to get one of these on sale instead.

ALOHA

My Lag question again PLEASE?

I heard when these came out there was some lag in them, but I read somewhere that they fixed this issue with the newer releases.

ALOHA

DasFox said:
My Lag question again PLEASE?

I heard when these came out there was some lag in them, but I read somewhere that they fixed this issue with the newer releases.

ALOHA
I got a 2405 three weeks ago (A05 revision) and it was lagging just like for the other people. I doubt this is fixable unless they change the type of panel used. Oh, the backlight is slightly annoying and the viewing angle of it is horrid (but that didn't really bother me). Otherwise, it's really sharp and bright.

The only downside to the 2405 is the viewing angle when you view this very forum. It looks like a gradient. Other than that, I notice NO lag whatsoever. The people who see the lag have sensitive eyes.

Back