Anyone interested in a casual gamer, rookie difficulty "MLB 08 The Show" league?

MERKMAN

Limp Gawd
Of all the web sites I frequent, HardOCP is still my first read EVERYDAY. And after having trouble trouble joining a league on GameFaqs, I thought I might inquire about starting my own here. Some of my thoughts...

1) While I've played various baseball games over the years, I'm not hardcore about it. So this is a CASUAL league for people who work, but enjoy playing a online game maybe once or twice a week. Let's be friendly here, ok?

2) I'm leaning toward rookie difficulty because quite simply, I'm not interested in all the fancy batting stuff. I don't want to guess the pitch, I don't want to use [] or X, I just want to use the X button to swing, or O to bunt. Keep it simple, and see how it goes.

3) Maybe my favorite part of sports games is playing the GM. I love trading players, getting the guys I want on my roster, etc. I'd prefer to pick my team, then make trades rather than do a fantasy draft. After all, if we don't run 30 teams, then the fewer teams in the league, the more likely it is EVERYONE has powerhouses. And I'm all for you trading to improve your team how you see fit. But getting players as free agents, JUST so you can trade them for guys you want isn't exactly in the spirit of the game. Not sure how trades or free agents will work out in leagues, but again... this is for fun. Lets not be too crazy about this, ok?

Other than that, I can suggest I'd prefer to play with auto slides, assisted fielding, manual throwing, and hopefully glitches will be at a minimum so everyone can enjoy the game.

My PSN ID is merkman for those of you interested at home. ;)

Merk

Back