coolpurplefan
Gawd
- Joined
- Feb 19, 2006
- Messages
- 547
I don't know how I came accross it, but I saw something on the OCZ SSD and am almost hot and horny to build a machine using it just to surf the Internet at insane speeds. Has anyone tried that?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
DO NOT get the OCZ Core series SSD (MLC). They are junk drives, that work with a very limited hardware configuration. You might get lucky and have a configuration that works, or you most likely won't and end up with a useless drive. Go with another SSD brand if you're going SSD.

OCZ reps are running polls on "what setup is working" and "what setup is not working". They are seeing exact same setups both working and not working. On the flip side, when tested I believe only 1 out of 10 drives returned are showing as bad.
While I'll agree that those who are working tend to announce it less than those who are broken bitch, I go by what data is available. This is a brand new consumer technology, and first generation hardware has more issues than any other generation (generalizing obviously).
![]()
I've read that SSD's are not the best for OS installs since a SSD has a limited life when it comes to re-write cycles. It's a high number for sure, but an OS often writes to certain files a LOT and can easily reach the re-write life of a SSD. Any other thoughts on this? This is one reason I've decided to just use a VelocirRaptor for my OS drive rather than a SSD at this time.
I don't know how I came accross it, but I saw something on the OCZ SSD and am almost hot and horny to build a machine using it just to surf the Internet at insane speeds. Has anyone tried that?
Bad choice honestly. You want size when it comes to media storage.Anyone know if the ocz core ssd would be good with the popcorn network media tank, sort of like the xbox media center box that runs on linux that can play all kinds of video files, music and photos.
The popcorn nmt has usb ports, so you can use a large external hd for the media by itself
Anyone know if the ocz core ssd would be good with the popcorn network media tank, sort of like the xbox media center box that runs on linux that can play all kinds of video files, music and photos.
DO NOT get the OCZ Core series SSD (MLC). They are junk drives, that work with a very limited hardware configuration. You might get lucky and have a configuration that works, or you most likely won't and end up with a useless drive. Go with another SSD brand if you're going SSD.
You.
Read.
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=3403&p=7
Drive also fails Vista OS installs multiple times.
Intel saves the day.![]()
++Very Very Very Very Very Very Very good read. Seriously this article explained every question / Misunderstanding I had about ssd.![]()
You want a hard drive to increase your internet speed? That's like buying new headlights to make your car go faster.