Anyone here with Windows XPe experience?

lopoetve

Extremely [H]
XP embedded. I'm working on an embedded system, and for the life of me I can't get it to boot. Anyone who knows this shit, chime in here, and I'll post questions I've got as soon as I get done making this last run-time image and trying it out... :mad:

God Awful program, this...

You may want to PM Ranma_Sao, if he doesn't see this, I know he's mentioned XPe a couple of times, not sure if he can help...

Phoenix86 said:
You may want to PM Ranma_Sao, if he doesn't see this, I know he's mentioned XPe a couple of times, not sure if he can help...

Noted, thanks :)

Ok. I've got an xpe image up. I install it to my second drive. I can then boot off of my first drive, use ntldr to pick the second drive and xpe as the OS, and boot.

But I can't for the life of me get xpe to boot on it's own. how the frick do I make it a standalone system that doesn't rely on my old XP pro install?

MS doesn't have any tutorials that don't involve dual-booting and a boot manager on a second partition, let alone a 2nd drive or a standalone install.

Amazingly, I've only used XPe once. And they are on my team no less. ;) I will ask some of the XPe testers today if I get a chance what they do.

Ranma_Sao said:
Amazingly, I've only used XPe once. And they are on my team no less. ;) I will ask some of the XPe testers today if I get a chance what they do.

cool :)

Back