Anyone here use dyn.com?

Tech249

n00b
We currently use Nettica for hosting DNS for our clients, they were just bought out by Dyn. We have used Dyn when they were DynDNS but that was for dynamic dns, not a solution like we have now with Nettica.

What we use Nettica for is DNS hosting, A records, CNAME, TXT, SPF, etc., their spam filtering service and DNS failover. Their mail service is nice because it's based on bulk rather than mailbox, very reasonably priced.

Looking for experience and possibly other options if people have solutions they use and like?

Thanks!

I use Dyn.

Very reliable (probably the most reliable) and great tech support.

Prices are a little high, but I'd say worth it.

Dyn does enterprise, SMB, and personal DNS and email now. DynDNS is their downmarket product now.

Failover is somewhere in the premium range, but depending on what you were paying nettica.. it could be less.

We use dnsmadeeasy.com for our customer's DNS needs. They are for sure a premium service, but rock solid. They also offer DNS failover services as well.

I don't know your comfort level is with DNS, but they are a little more on the advanced side of things - or at least the interfaces that I always use.

Another option, if you're already using Amazon's AWS platform is their Route 53 product offering. They're on-par with dnsmadeeasy's pricing and service offering... although I must admit that I've never used them before.

Joker is supposedly good for DNS, I don't use them myself but I've heard good things about the.
As for email it kinda depends on your needs. Exchange Online is good, if you want something cheaper look for Zimbra hosted solution.
You can find lots of IMAP solutions otherwise, if you need a few perhaps rackspace might be an option?
//Danne

The top tier DNS providers don't do spam filtering like Nettica did, going to find something different to replace that service. DNS Made Easy is looking like a nice fit for us.

Thank you for the replies!

Two separate services, if one offers the other that's cool I guess.

I've used dnsmadeeasy for their DNS failover services. Works well.

Back