Anyone here use Dscaler as DVD Decoder for their PVR? My captions arent working.

Trinic

Limp Gawd
It seems that dscaler version 5.006 is the only DVD decoder that runs smooth on my machine. Even though it is a little blurry, I can deal with it. The only thing I cant deal with is captions not working. I am the type of person who always has them on, especially late at night when the house is sleeping and I am forced to lower the volume. Anyone know a way to fix this? Please let me know.

have you tried the nvidia dvd decoders? theyve always worked great for me, and they work with any videocard that is DX8 compatable. might wanna give em a shot

Yeah, NVDVD didnt work at all for me. I have an ATI 9600 and it was pretyt bad. It would freeze and frames and all. Captions did work with that one though. Know what version you used? Maybe I have the wrong one.

the 150 trial works fine on other cards, its just the listed ones are the only ones that support. it runs fine on a 6600gt and a 9600 I have at home right now.

Yeah, I got an ATI Radeon 9600 so not sure if those specific things for nvidia will work. Will try out the decoder tho.

9600 + NVDVD works great for me

And yes NVDVD and the nvidia decoders are *techincally* different, but remember that the beta drivers were released as "NVDVD" - so the name will probably be permanent.

Just tried the DVD decoder posted above and its like all the others I tried before. Very slow and laggy. Also the picture seems worse, like if the antenna in the back was half in. Very grainy. Captions did work though.

Anyone else have something I can try? Going crazy here.

Grr. I put on new video card drivers and everything messed up.

K1114, what video card drivers do you use exactly? I wnat to get it exactly like yours since yours works so well.

No idea on the version, my box is somewhat headless (no keyboard/mouse/etc, just a tv and the remote) so I can't get to that info without a ton of work. They are definately older - probably 6 months or so.

Hmm, k.

I am kinda confused. I used driver cleaner to take out all the older versions that installed the latest Radeon driver. When it resterts, everything isl ike low refreash rate and MCE says it wont work with these drivers. I put up refreash rate and restarted and now MCE says no tuner card availble. WTF.

Just fixed the video card error. I got the ATI drivers on and hauppuage drivers good. TV works and all but with NVDVD it is still choppy. Freezes on a frame every couple of sec. So mad. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.

Settings where? Dscaler is a video player and a DVD decoder. I jsut downloaded the DVD decoder. No settings to check.

Yeah so it was the DVD Decoder for sure. Now why dont the other ones work when they work perfectly fine for all of you?

My CPU is Athlon 64 2800+

Trinic said:
Not sure what a VIA mobo is. Here is a link to mine: Chaintech
Chipset * NVIDIA nForce3 250
I was asking if the mobo's chipset is a VIA one or an NV one.
Okay, what kind of TV do you have the 9600 (is it a non Pro, non SE 9600?) connected too and how is it connected (svideo, component, DVI/HDMI)?

CrimandEvil said:
I was asking if the mobo's chipset is a VIA one or an NV one.
Okay, what kind of TV do you have the 9600 (is it a non Pro, non SE 9600?) connected too and how is it connected (svideo, component, DVI/HDMI)?

It is just a Radeon Saphire 9600. The way I have it is just to a monitor.

Looks like you all have.

More info tho. I got Meedio and tried it with PowerDVD and it was laggy in there too.

Trinic said:
You all gave up on me. :mad:
I've been out all night, patience man.

Is your HDD in DMA mode? Is it formatted in 64k clusters? Have you tried a clean install of XP?

CrimandEvil said:
I've been out all night, patience man.

Is your HDD in DMA mode? Is it formatted in 64k clusters? Have you tried a clean install of XP?

Not sure for most of that. I have MCE, not XP though. My friend says yes to all and he is tech savy.

Do you have a Creative sound card in there? Are you using the CAT 5.7 drivers? Have you tried moving around the tuner card? Have you tried the bundled Intervideo codec?

When using the NV codec do you have hardware acceleration disabled or enabled?

CrimandEvil said:
Do you have a Creative sound card in there? Are you using the CAT 5.7 drivers? Have you tried moving around the tuner card? Have you tried the bundled Intervideo codec?

When using the NV codec do you have hardware acceleration disabled or enabled?

I just used the onboard soundcard that came with the mobo linked.

I will try moving the cards around in a sec. Can you link me to the exact nv codec you all use and tell me what options you have on?

Trinic said:
I will try moving the cards around in a sec. Can you link me to the exact nv codec you all use and tell me what options you have on?
The same one that you get from NV.

Okay post the rigs COMPLETE specs including software.

Sorry it took so long but here are the complete specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 2800+
Mobo: CHAINTECH VNF3-250 Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce3 250 ATX
Video Card: SAPPHIRE ATLANTIS RADEON 9600 Radeon 9600 128MB DDR AGP 4X/8X
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 512MB
HD: 160 GB 7200 RPM Samsung

Not sure what else you know. I use the onboard sound. I also use Windows MCE and the only decoder that works is dscaler but I would like NVDVD for captions and quality. Also, for hte record, I used to have it work with nvdvd flawlessly when I first got the machine. Since then, I made it my main rig and a couple of weeks ago decided to make it my pvr again. I have never gotten it to work like it did originally.

Also, TV is not set. As I said before, it is connected directly to a monitor. I watch TV on my monitor.

Thanks alot for the help btw, really appreciate it.

Any codec packs installed (like K-Lite)? Those can really mess things up.

Honestly I don't really know what to tell you, I'm scratching my head trying to think of something. I'd do a complete format and see if it's still like that (after testing out the card in another system).

You got a 3d screensaver? Cause those mess up MCE too.

so it used to work, but now doesn't? Sounds like you installed something and they conflict. I hesitate to suggest drive wipe and re-install, until you've exhausted all possibilities. :(

Trust me, I am just as confused as you all are plus frustrated because I am a TV addict. I already formatted a couple of times. I am going to try again soon but going to try and reposition my cards first.

Trinic said:
Moving the cards around didnt do anything. :(

Have you tried a total reformated, yet? Then installing nothing but the right decoders that were mentioned above?

br0k3nman said:
Have you tried a total reformated, yet? Then installing nothing but the right decoders that were mentioned above?

Yeah but will try again soon.

Back