Anyone here have FIOS Business class internet

Ryom

[H]ard|Gawd
If you have or have had FIOS business class internet, can you tell me if their Dynamic IP plans have public IP addresses? In other words that you are given a true routable internet address and not an internal network address that is natted either by the router they provide or one upstream.

For now, at least, all FIOS dynamic IP addresses are routable public IP addresses. This is true for both "residential" and "business class" FIOS.

With Business class FIOS you can order one or more public static IP addresses as well (for a fee). I don't think they permit this on their residential offering.

At some time in the future, date unknown but soon, FIOS will run out of public IP addresses to use this way and will have to start NATing in the network. I have no idea when this will happen or what their approach will be - but with the last block of v4 already assigned it is inevitable.

Well hopefully we'll all be able to make a smooth and graceful switch to IPv6 and Verizon will give you as many live address as you want at no extra charge.

Then pigs will fly. I just know that when we are on IPv6 we'll still get charged for extra IPs!

Back