Anyone heard of HIPER?

Able4

n00b
Well I was on newegg just modding the wishlist for a upcoming build(first) and was wanting a good power supply due to the fact that these two cases I like the PSU wasn't the best. So I was browsing and I was a 5 out of 5 with four reviews. It's 580watts, modular cabling, and all that good stuff. Never heard of them but for $99.00 dollars it looked pretty good. SLI support for the future as well, here's a link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817128002 .
I'm pretty much having basic system with 7600vid. card. and Pent. 4 Dual Core. You guys think this is good buy? Anyone own one?

The Hiper PSU's are made by Andyson, they're a bit over rated wattage wise but are based on solid power supplies.

I have a HIPER Type R 580W PSU and its just failed on me, giving out thsi loud whining noise and the PC not booting. I'm going to have to call HIPER and ask them about it.

I still consider them one of the better PSU manufacturers though.

Overpriced and underpowered basically, the quality is decent however.

O I saw the price and I was like dang that's nice. I'm trying not to go over $1,000 but I guess I'll probably have to. Is their any other PSU that people like, is cheap, reliable, and is around that same price. Also is their any real difference to the modular cabling that is better then the other ones? Something that would be able to handle future processors and video cards but still a low price. I can't really stick with the PSU coming with the case(Xion) because it's only 400watts and the 7600GT said it needed that minimum. Also people say PSU's that come with the case either are low power, don't go on, or crap out the motherboard and then go dead.

Back