Anyone having video corruption with 780i?

Gambit2008

Weaksauce
Hi.....just wanted to ask if anyone is having video problmes/corruption with their 780i motherboards. I came across a massive thread over in the evga forums with lots of people complaining about it and wanted to know if its like this for nearly everyone or anyone here?

who isnt having some osrt of corruption whether it be video, memory, or storage with nvidia boards period! nVidia = overpriced untested products. it aint FTW its WTF.

Hey drpeppir..i noticed from your sig you have a q9450,rampage and 8gb of pc28500 mem and vista ultimate (similiar to what i am going for). Are you runnig the mem at its native 1066 speed and what differences have you noticed (good/bad) compared to having the 8gb compared to 4gb?

who isnt having some osrt of corruption whether it be video, memory, or storage with nvidia boards period! nVidia = overpriced untested products. it aint FTW its WTF.

I am not having any issues with my 780i been OC for a month now and all is well... I also doubt that nvidia or anybody for that matter did not do "any" testing...

Anyways it's not like intel has flawless track record, and intel motherboard can be just as expensive.

Hey drpeppir..i noticed from your sig you have a q9450,rampage and 8gb of pc28500 mem and vista ultimate (similiar to what i am going for). Are you runnig the mem at its native 1066 speed and what differences have you noticed (good/bad) compared to having the 8gb compared to 4gb?

I havent had any issues running mem at 1066 with 8gb installed using stock settings! It has been the easiest board to run- compared to my previous nvidia crapbox

bump

People are still steaming away on the EVGA forum. This has been reported with 750i, 780i, and 790i. Even people buying brand new systems from places like CyberPower and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ are getting it with 780i systems. EVGA, Asus, MSI, no one seems immune, but it's kind of random.

video of problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYHuzJSpORw

Back