Anyone having problems with iTunes 10.2.2

sparky3009

Gawd
I got iTunes 10.2.2 when it came out, and ever since, my iTunes has been freezing constantly while:

- watching a movie or tv show
- when I plug in an iPod or an iPad
- when I changing tags for music or videos

It seems to be less prone to locking up if I close iTunes and plug my idevice in. Even then, iTunes will open and freeze. I'll dump it, and re-open iTunes and it works long enough to sync.

I checked online and there doesn't seem to be too many people w/ this issue. I also looked on apples website and the only thing I can see to fix it is re-installation (tried) and to completely rebuild my iTunes library which I don't want to go through the hassle.

Just wondering, is anyone else having problems with iTunes 10.2.2?

Are you on OS X or Windows?

I have no issues in OS X.

I'd go ahead and rebuild your library.

Wow, I can't believe I forgot that... I'm running Windows 7, as well as my friend who is having this issue. I'll look into rebuilding my library and probably do it tomorrow at work.

try turning off windows firewall and see if it works,if it does then check firewall program permissions and see if itunes and bonjour have all access
i have to reset bonjour service permissions sometimes

i have itunes running under windows 7 as well, it freezes when i plug in my iphone, unplugging it or shutting down the program and restarting it help with this. question, does rebuilding the library edit or delete songs and playlists off of iphones/ipods? thanx.

I rebuilt my library and it still does the same thing. I'm not a big fan of shutting off the windows firewall. I will make sure permissions are setup but I don't wanna shut the firewall off. I'm deployed right now and I don't trust this ISP as far as security measures go.

Same here, I unplug and replug multiple times before it works....:confused:

i have itunes running under windows 7 as well, it freezes when i plug in my iphone, unplugging it or shutting down the program and restarting it help with this. question, does rebuilding the library edit or delete songs and playlists off of iphones/ipods? thanx.

I rebuilt my library and it still does the same thing. I'm not a big fan of shutting off the windows firewall. I will make sure permissions are setup but I don't wanna shut the firewall off. I'm deployed right now and I don't trust this ISP as far as security measures go.

well if your not on a safe isp then
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2553
for me it's the bonjour service and the public check box that won't stay checked sometimes and unchecked my ipad won't sync

That's odd. Well in any case, both itunes and bonjour are both checked in the exceptions. I could try going offline when I get off work and shut the firewall off to see what it does. I'll let you know how it goes. I should have just tried that from the start.

Back