Anyone having issues with PS3 update 4.20?

RogueTrip

2[H]4U
Was peeping over at the us.playstation forums. I'm seeing a few people having issues updating to the new 4.20 update. Some sticking at 99% and such.

So anyone here having problems installing it? I've pulled my Ethernet cable for now xD

None with my ps3 (and it's the ... think 3rd gen fat PS3. The one without Hardware and Software PS2 support). Updated to 4.20 just fine.

I started the upgrade and told it to power off when it's done, I never actually checked to see if it powered off. :(

Mine worked fine. Got the 80GB MGS4 Bundle, the last backwards compatible PS3.

This sort of thing probably happens to some small % of users every cycle. My 60G Fat and year-old slim updated without any problems.

Speaking of 4.20 issues on the PS3 my WD external drive was playing ALL HD home movies smoothly. Then I was forced to update this morning and it is choppy as hell and reboots etc. would not resolve this. My older piano finish PS3 also was updated to 4.20 and has no issues running the videos. I don't understand how a software update on two machines can cause such a dramatic difference in how the videos run? Is anyone else having issues with their external drives after the update?

I didn't even know that a new update was out.....will definitely be smoking a bowl while updating to 420!!!

Gonna update to 4.20....gonna make a sandwich and see which lasts longer this time!

PS3 slim here and it updated fine. Honestly every time there's an update some people seem to have trouble. I've never had an issue and neither has anyone I know.

My ps3 updated perfectly fine the last time my girlfriend turned it on to use Netflix (about all it's used for the last good while lol)

Back