• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone have these problems with Logitech G930?

cyrus360

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
73
I just bought a pair off Newegg for $90 on sale. It seemed like a good deal but there are so many problems with them.

After installing the software, I plug them in, I get sound, and it seems to work OK. Then every 10 mins or so, they shut off and reconnect for no reason. Also, the software doesn't show that surround is enabled, and doesn't display the battery life. The software is also ridiculously slow, constantly freezes up and crashes.

So I uninstalled it, rolled back to the older version that came with it, and got the same thing. I tried their beta drivers, got the same results.

I checked on their support forums and it seems like lots of people are having similar issues and most of them are not getting resolutions so they're just returning them. I thought maybe some of the gurus on here might have some suggestions. Any help would be appreciated.

I am running Win 7 Home 64bit, and apparently these things do not like Win 7 64bit. I have no sound card, I am plugging the transceiver unit directly into the computer, no hubs, all my drivers for everything else are fully updated.
 
I just picked these up and so far I'm not experiencing the same problems that you are having. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with the latest software from the Logitech site. Sorry about your problems but I don't believe it's a Windows 7 problem.
 
Running a 2.4Ghz wifi access point near the receiver? That can cause interference. What you describe is kind of what mine does when i get near the edge of the usable range.
 
Running a 2.4Ghz wifi access point near the receiver? That can cause interference. What you describe is kind of what mine does when i get near the edge of the usable range.


I have a Verizon Fios router. Even if I shut it off with the headset and transceiver within 12 inches from each other, I get the same problem. I have a set of Logitech Clear Chat USB Wireless that I have no problems with at all.

Logitech has deemed the unit defective, so I RMA'd them to Newegg and I should get my replacement next week. Hopefully they work, because there are a ton of posts on Logitech's forums with the exact same problems and those guys have had their headsets replaced multiple times.
 
I have 2 G930s in the same household with 2 different PCs, both running Win7 64bit, zero problems. Also have a WRT54G with the wireless running and 2 laptops always connected wirelessly to it.
 
Back
Top