Anyone have the XFX PV-T70F-UND7 7800 GTX? Which is best driver to use?

jonesad

Limp Gawd
Hello,
I purchased the XFX PV-T70F-UND7 7800GTX video card (which comes OC'd at 490MHZ). This card seems to have some serious issues - BSOD's all the time, graphic glitches, games freezing. I'm wondering what drivers you guys are using with this card? Do i need to underclock it? is 490Mhz just to high? So far I've tried the 81.87, 81.85, 77.77, and 78.01 drivers. All of them have similar issues, the 7X.XX seem to work better. I'd appricate any help as I think I might just return this card if it can't even play a game normally. I also have a FX-55 cpu, 1 gig mushkin ram, and Sound Blaster 2 ZS.

I do not think this is a "broken" or "bum" piece of hardware, I think its just having some driver issues. I'd appriciate hearing any input from users with the same card so I can know if I'm alone with these issues...

Thanks for any pointers.

You left out the most important thing. Your power supply. Make/model/output wattage specs on rails if possible too. I don't think it's a driver issue. None of those drivers ever got me a bsod. I'll wait for your reply about your PSU.

I've been using that card for a few weeks, now. I haven't had any issues whatsoever.

I have the Antec NEOPOWER 480 ATX 480W Power Supply.

I just put the 77.72 drivers back on and that seems to have fixed all my issues.

Tol - what drivers are you using with the card?

Well - maybe not all my problems.....had a lock up last night. Anyone else with this card, please chime in with which Drivers your using and if you've experienced any similar issues. Definitly seems to be the worst in F.E.A.R

jonesad said:
Well - maybe not all my problems.....had a lock up last night. Anyone else with this card, please chime in with which Drivers your using and if you've experienced any similar issues. Definitly seems to be the worst in F.E.A.R

I had it for a week before getting thier slightly slower card to SLI them. I haven't had any problems with either 85 or 87.

I use the NGO driver and have overclocked it sucessfully. But it seems you may be a little weak in the power supply department. I bought the 600w enermax because it was SLI rated and just recently purchased the same card again and have them running SLI with no problems :D

I've used the 85s and 87s, and possibly something much older for the first day or so(I don't recall).

I'm running my box on a seasonic 500w.

Back