Anyone have or seen the Macbook Pro with the High Res display?

zamardii

2[H]4U
I'm wondering whether I need the high res display or not. I called the nearby Apple Store and they said they only have the higher spec Pros in stock with the high res display so I can't see it.

So I was wondering if anyone has seen the high res screen versus the standard 15" Pro display and whether someone would recommend it or not or whether it is even needed.

Can more fit on the screen with a high resolution screen?

high res all the way!

If i could, I would get a sony vaio Z with a 1080p 13" LCD.

I've owned a normal res 15" MBP unibody, and I hated how low res the LCD is compare to most other high end 15" notebooks at its time.

I'm not sure I understand. You wish to see the MBP with the high-res display, so you called the Apple Store and they told you that they have them in stock. So why can you not go to the Apple Store to see it?

To answer your question, yes, you can fit more on the higher-resolution display. Whether that's important to you or not depends entirely on what you intend to do with the machine.

I'm not sure I understand. You wish to see the MBP with the high-res display, so you called the Apple Store and they told you that they have them in stock. So why can you not go to the Apple Store to see it?

They have it in stock but not on display.

Get the high-res screen, it's very nice. I personally don't like the matte option (mainly because it has a silver boarder and that's fugly IMO) but the high-res is nice

I went with the 15" Pro hi-res screen, and sitting next to my sisters MBP standard 15" screen the difference is easily distinguishable. Looks SO much better imo.

I have the HR Glossy and it's god damn beautiful. Couldn't recommend stretching 1440x900 over this large a space; 1680x1050 is just right.

Get the hi-res. Half the reason I sold my last one was to go with the hi-res display.

Get the high-res screen, it's very nice. I personally don't like the matte option (mainly because it has a silver boarder and that's fugly IMO) but the high-res is nice

+1 I love the hi-res display & anti-glare screen but not the silver border.

Hopefully, now that Apple's put a 1440x900 panel in the MacBook Air, the next MacBook Pro refresh will bring that res standard to the 13" and 1680x1050 in the 15".

Yeah hopefully you jumped on the High-Res display, you only have one chance to make the decision, I love mine and wouldn't have it any other way, the 1280x800 MB and then the 1440x900 MBP I had previously was never enough, they always seemed like the UI's were too big and I couldn't use the screen for what I really wanted, but 1680x1050 has been really nice, I just wish there was 1920x1200 option on the 15" machine!

So I went to the Apple Store this past Thursday and picked up my first Apple computer... the 15" Macbook Pro with the standard display. There were a lot of reasons why I chose to go with the 1440 screen, but I actually do prefer the resolution I have now. I am really happy with my purchase. I was mesmerized from the moment I opened the box. The build quality is incredible, and I know it may sound stupid but the thing that caught my attention and excited me a lot was the backlit keyboard. I always hated having to turn my light on in my room to type with my old Windows laptop, or having thebmake the screen brightness really high and angle the screen down to see the keys. On the mac, the keys look so cool in the dark. I know this'll be a great laptop for school. I posted some pictures of it on the "Show your Mac setup" thread.

Quick question. Anyone know of a good knee rest to put the laptop on so I can use it in bed? It gets pins hot when I'm doing certain things on it. I have seen laptop knee rests that are almost as thick as pillows, and I don't want something very thick. Just a flat comfortable surface on my knees so I can type in bed.

Thanks for all the input!

Yeah hopefully you jumped on the High-Res display, you only have one chance to make the decision, I love mine and wouldn't have it any other way, the 1280x800 MB and then the 1440x900 MBP I had previously was never enough, they always seemed like the UI's were too big and I couldn't use the screen for what I really wanted, but 1680x1050 has been really nice, I just wish there was 1920x1200 option on the 15" machine!

I have a 1920x1200 on a 17" MBP. I think it is great there. That said I think putting that same res on a 15" would likely be overkill. At least for the vast majority of users.

I have a 1920x1200 on a 17" MBP. I think it is great there. That said I think putting that same res on a 15" would likely be overkill. At least for the vast majority of users.

Yeah, I just wish it was an option for those who wanted it, the 17" is way too big of a machine for me to want to lug it around, but the screen resolution is what I want, same as my desktop LCD's so I just like to keep things consistent.

Back when I posted about getting a MBP everyone kept nagging me about getting the Hi-Res. It was definitely worth it. I got the glossy as well. I hate that silver matte boarder and honestly prefer glossy anyway.

I love my matte 1680x1050 MBP...the extra resolution is totally worth it (definitely to me, I enjoy multi-tasking and the smaller print). I hate glossy, so I got matte, and the silver border has definitely grown on me.

It also differentiates my machine nicely from all the other MBPs running around with glossy stock displays owned by latte-sipping hipsters :p Now, if I could just get a target display mode for this MBP...

I love my matte 1680x1050 MBP...the extra resolution is totally worth it (definitely to me, I enjoy multi-tasking and the smaller print). I hate glossy, so I got matte, and the silver border has definitely grown on me.

It also differentiates my machine nicely from all the other MBPs running around with glossy stock displays owned by latte-sipping hipsters :p Now, if I could just get a target display mode for this MBP...

Basically my exact thoughts. I originally got the glossy simply because at the time of their release it was unclear whether or not HR glossy screens would be stocked in retail stores. Once I found out they weren't, I went and saw a HR Antiglare in person, and was blown away by the difference. If you can afford it, definitely get high res. Absolutely a no-brainer once you see the two side by side.

Back