• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone have free power?

rogue_jedi

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 6, 2002
Messages
4,821
This auction prompts the question. If not, group buy, anyone?

Although I suppose that the advent of GPU folding lessens this somewhat...
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
prick.

Don't post for ever here then come here and drop come porn on us all....

Not bad, need to break the $/GZh out.

Stackable... :)
 
All of them for 500? Sounds a little bit friendly :)

Fact: I have money sitting around...
 
why must you tempt us. I sure as hell wish I had free power, and the funds to buy all those...that would be rediculous just having them all running off a fold-server.

 
*droool* Nice find. My office is already hot enough as it is.

But I could use the extra heat during the winter.....
 
I have free power right now...but I think my landlord would re-think that if he saw me wheeling that monster in :D


 
These scsi? I'll give 18 gig ultra3s to whoever buys them...i just don't have any ibm caddies, only compaq.
 
I'm seriously conisdering buying them as I'm getting free power :) 500+150 for 650 total... that doesn't sounds too bad right there. I'll whip out my debit card and see what I can do. :eek: I hope I can hide this from my mother tho... College Loan is a bitch
 
Man..I wonder if the boss would see these if I snuck em in and set em up :)




EDIT: Im in for 5 if any one has the cash to grab em...
 
Im interested, though after shipping I have a feeling its not going to be worth it. If they had hard drives... Yes, I would go for two or three, since I need a test server, and id be more than happy to let F@H run on a box that probably wont see any real load.

Ill have to pass on this one for now, 50-60 each is a bit too much for a P3 with no hard drives, if school wasnt sucking my wallet dry, id buy about half of these things and pick them up myself.
 
OMG, and to think I've got an empty rack I just picked up for $2.

arrrgh, choices
 
This is one of the only instances that I wish I were an undergrad again...
 
omg you lucky people.
my electricity has just gone up to 15.78p/kwh = 29.5c/kwh !!
My bill is approx £100, $178 a month :eek:
changing supplier asap.
 
Yeah, I'm sitting at around $190 a month for my electricity bill, of which about $120 of it is for folding...
 
If'n i wasn't getting married and moving in a few months... it would already be home :(
 
These would make awesome game servers for the lan I run. I'd only want 11 of them tho... (10 slaves + 1 master)
I would be more than willing to buy the lot and resell the servers to you guys at cost(my total / 21 + shipping per server) if you guys are interested. These support PXE, so diskless booting is an easy option.

Server manuals:
Install Guide: http://pages.woods.us/IBM-eServer-xSeries-330-Type-8674-Installation-Guide.pdf
User Guide: http://pages.woods.us/IBM-eServer-xSeries-330-Type-8674-Users-Guide.pdf
 
I'm going to try and snipe it for $1000 at the last minute, see if I get it.

Another note, the board has two IDE channels(according to the manual). Use of all IDE is supported.
 
Dew said:
I'm going to try and snipe it for $1000 at the last minute, see if I get it.

If you do I'm interested in buying one of them from you.
 
I were planning on to bid at the last min but I don't have 1k to spare like you dew -_- I wanted the whole lot...

Let us all know how many u will be selling em apiece for. Thanks I'm interested in having few, <= 5 or so.

 
Like I said. If I get them I will sell them for actual cost. So count on something like $60/server + shipping(USPS, they are literally across the street).
 
I'm interested in one if you get 'em. But post pics of them when they arrive; I think those are pci-x risers but I'd like to be sure. And if the motherboard is a standard size (12x13) I might be in for more :D

 
Dew said:
Like I said. If I get them I will sell them for actual cost. So count on something like $60/server + shipping(USPS, they are literally across the street).

Just let me know man. I'll take one off your hands.
 
unhappy_mage said:
6 hours to go, bid hasn't gone up :D

I think I see a sniper on that roof over there ;)

Doesn't look like these come with PCI-x slots, does it?
 
drizzt81 said:
I think I see a sniper on that roof over there ;)

Doesn't look like these come with PCI-x slots, does it?
When did a P3 mobo ever have PCI-x slot?
 
Um... lots of them? Tyan 2510 and Supermicro 370DER I own, 370DE6, Intel STL2, many, many others. You're probably thinking of Pci Express.

4 hours to go, and no increase in bid... this is either uncontested or it's gonna be sniper mayhem.
 
Jon855 said:
When did a P3 mobo ever have PCI-x slot?

Like for example some of the slot 2 server motherboards used them went up to 66mhz on them also.

Uh, do I see fiber optic storage adapter builtin or it a 4-port network card on the left side of the back. Why do you guys have to tempt me with more computers?

I believe that you haven't folded long enough when you have less than 2 pc's to fold with.
 
I sniped 15 seconds early, that probably cost me $70, cause the guy I outbid revised from $710 to $780. No where near the $1110 I had my max set for.

Total looks to be $940 shipped. I'll let you guys know what the deal is once the servers arrive.

BTW, that 4 port block is dual 10/100 and passthrough RS485 monitoring/controll over RJ45
 
Dew said:
I sniped 15 seconds early, that probably cost me $70, cause the guy I outbid revised from $710 to $780. No where near the $1110 I had my max set for.

Total looks to be $940 shipped. I'll let you guys know what the deal is once the servers arrive.

BTW, that 4 port block is dual 10/100 and passthrough RS485 monitoring/controll over RJ45

Yea let me know dude. I'm pretty sure I'll buy one off you. Maybe 2 if you have an extra. Still seems like a hell of a deal.
 
Dew said:
I sniped 15 seconds early, that probably cost me $70, cause the guy I outbid revised from $710 to $780. No where near the $1110 I had my max set for.

Total looks to be $940 shipped. I'll let you guys know what the deal is once the servers arrive.

BTW, that 4 port block is dual 10/100 and passthrough RS485 monitoring/controll over RJ45

I plan on selling 7 to you guys for cost. 11 are for my lan. 3 go to auction. (Should be easy to fetch over $200 each, making my cost nill)

unhappy mage gets first dibs, mainly because I know he will load up linux and I might need some help if something is weird about the config.
 
Dew said:
I plan on selling 7 to you guys for cost. 11 are for my lan. 3 go to auction. (Should be easy to fetch over $200 each, making my cost nill)

unhappy mage gets first dibs, mainly because I know he will load up linux and I might need some help if something is weird about the config.

Sounds like a good idea. Anyway I think ReaperofDreams said he wanted one before me so if unhappy and him don't buy all the remaining as I said let me know. These look like a killer deal(with how your doing it even better)
 
Yay :D If you can provide pics of these when they arrive (especially what size they are, what power they take, and what expansion slots they have) I'll decide how many I want. Also, noise may be a factor.

Time to start a farm, methinks ;) At college power is free up to as much as you can draw from the wall.

 
Back
Top