anyone have Epox 4PDA2+ (Rev 2.0)

yourdeardaniel

Weaksauce
i just got this motherboard from newegg. how well does this overclock, and stability issues?
was going to get either Abit AI7 or this one. both offer 3.2+. but this one offers IDE RAID + SATA RAID, Gigabit LAN, 2.2 VAGP, 3.3vdimm, 1.85vcore.

Sorry to see no one replied to your question, but after seeing your system stats, I'd say it's a good motherboard. Would you say so yet?

Anyway, I'm looking at getting that same board as an upgrade, going from the ultra-reliable Epox 4BDA2+ with a 1.6a @ 2.2. I'm drawn to stay with Epox based on my excellent experiences.

Are there any tips / suggestions you can give me about your 4PDA2+ ?

It's a good board. I don't think you could go wrong with either that Epox or the AI7. Both overclock similarly well (which both are excellent at). other than the .1v difference on the ddr and the 2.2vagp they're about the same. the IDE RAID + SATA RAID is only a plus if you use them...I don't, so not having the IDE RAID does't bother me a bit.

It is a very user friendly board!! It was my first non Abit. I was nervous as hell buying it. However it is simply fantastic. I run a 2.4C chip and older OCZ pc 3700 mem I run it daily at 3215 as of yesterday that is. My cpu score on aquamark, which takes into account cpu and mem and hoqw well they work together is number one on the orb for P-4's running between 3170mhz and 3300 mhz. Not bad for a 3215mhz rig. The board has been just stellar! I hope yours proves out to be all mine is. Going to set up a raid0 array very soon. I will let you know how it all comes out. What speed of processor are you going to use and what mem do you have? My Epox EP-4PDA2+ Ver.2 lives here
desk_1.jpg

And here it is on the job!! It loves it's work!!
110.jpg

Sorry it took time to respond but hey, I have to work too!!

WeldZilla

Though I don't have that board, I've found out that Rev. 2.0 adds Prescott CPU support. (Rev. 1.# supports only Northwood CPUs.) And for the price you paid for that mobo, you actually got three (that's right, three) ATA controllers - the native Intel ICH5R with two SATA ports and two PATA/100 ports and RAID 0, 1 support on the SATA ports; a Silicon Image Si3112r SATA controller with two SATA ports and RAID 0, 1 support; a Highpoint HPT372 PATA/133 controller with two PATA/133 ports and RAID 0, 1, 0+1 support.

WeldZilla,
Thanks for the good news. That's a sweet case you have there, I think I saw your other thread about how you made it. You 4PDA2+ is probably pretty happy in there.

E4g1e,
Thanks for all that info. Other than having an Epox 4BDA2+ currently, which has been an amazingly stable OCer, all the many features you listed on the 4PDA2+ was the deciding factor for my new board.

Anyway, I ordered the setup today from Newegg, that is, the 4PDA2+ and a P4 2.8C. Carrying over from my current system will be two sticks of 512MB OCZ Enhanced pc3200, a BFG 5900nu, and of couse my Audigy 2 ZS. I'll be leaving behind a P4 1.6A @ 2.2, and an Epox 4BDA2+, which have served me very very well.

Oh, since yourdeardaniel started this thread, but I've posted more here and don't want to impose, I started my own thread about the 4PDA2+ here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=784488

Badger_sly said:
E4g1e,
Thanks for all that info. Other than having an Epox 4BDA2+ currently, which has been an amazingly stable OCer, all the many features you listed on the 4PDA2+ was the deciding factor for my new board.
Though Epox mobos in general have been incredible overclockers, the closest mobo to the 4BDA2+ V2.0 in ATA RAID features is probably the Asus P4P800E-Deluxe, which costs more $$$. (Both mobos use the Intel 865PE chipset.) Asus does one-up on Epox, however, for its RAID capability which allows you to build a single RAID array with a combination of SATA and PATA hard drives, thanks to its Promise RAID controller which supports both SATA and PATA hard drives (the SATA and PATA RAID controllers on the Epox are two completely separate chipsets, so you'll have to settle for two separate RAID arrays at least if you mix SATA and PATA hard drives in the same system).

Badger_sly said:
Sorry to see no one replied to your question, but after seeing your system stats, I'd say it's a good motherboard. Would you say so yet?

Anyway, I'm looking at getting that same board as an upgrade, going from the ultra-reliable Epox 4BDA2+ with a 1.6a @ 2.2. I'm drawn to stay with Epox based on my excellent experiences.

Are there any tips / suggestions you can give me about your 4PDA2+ ?

well, first problem i had i couldn't get PATAs + SATA drive working together (would get a ntkernel not found error), then i upgraded to latest bios and got the SATA - Enhanced Mode working, now i have PATA backup HD as master on Primary IDE, DVD burner on Secondary Master IDE, and SATA 01 master for SATA HD. if you run this setup you should upgrade to latest bios to get SATA - Enhanced Mode working.

I haven't figure out how to get PAT working, i don't see a 667 bootstrap option as in Abit mobo's.

some more bad news, i can't get my 2.8c 30 cap past 250FSB 3.5 w/o increase vcore

yourdeardaniel said:
I haven't figure out how to get PAT working, i don't see a 667 bootstrap option as in Abit mobo's.
Are you talking about the AMM (Aggressive Memory Management) which is Epox's version of PAT? PAT is not supposed to be on the board, but the AMM should be in the bios. Intel had to take out the PAT with the revision 2 of the board, as previously with PAT on, their 865PE chipset was as fast or faster than their 875 chipset.

some more bad news, i can't get my 2.8c 30 cap past 250FSB 3.5 w/o increase vcore
Am I missing something? I would expect to have to increase the vcore, especially going from 2.8 to 3.5.

The default vcore on the board is what, 1.525? And you're getting 3.5 GHz, on that default? I say that's pretty damn good. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you wrote.

Badger_sly said:
Are you talking about the AMM (Aggressive Memory Management) which is Epox's version of PAT? PAT is not supposed to be on the board, but the AMM should be in the bios. Intel had to take out the PAT with the revision 2 of the board, as previously with PAT on, their 865PE chipset was as fast or faster than their 875 chipset.

Am I missing something? I would expect to have to increase the vcore, especially going from 2.8 to 3.5.

The default vcore on the board is what, 1.525? And you're getting 3.5 GHz, on that default? I say that's pretty damn good. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you wrote.

i got PAT to work but only when using 1:1 memory divider in BIOS. Are you sure Intel took it out? Cuz EPoX makes the boards and can't call it PAT that's all I think.

well like i said it's a 30 cap 2.8c D1 stepping (30 caps have known to overclock better than 12 cap CPUs), i guess it's a pretty good OC on default voltage. would be nice to get to 3.7-3.8 on default voltage :D
haven't added any voltage to it but i'm using stock HSF. order an XP-120 but it was outa stock... thinking of just getting a watercooling kit (yes kit, me newbie to watercooling) like Danger Den or Asetek

yourdeardaniel said:
i got PAT to work but only when using 1:1 memory divider in BIOS. Are you sure Intel took it out? Cuz EPoX makes the boards and can't call it PAT that's all I think.

well like i said it's a 30 cap 2.8c D1 stepping (30 caps have known to overclock better than 12 cap CPUs), i guess it's a pretty good OC on default voltage. would be nice to get to 3.7-3.8 on default voltage :D
haven't added any voltage to it but i'm using stock HSF. order an XP-120 but it was outa stock... thinking of just getting a watercooling kit (yes kit, me newbie to watercooling) like Danger Den or Asetek

Yes, PAT was taken out with the revision 2 of the board, because Intel knew it was losing money on it's 875 chipset. However, Epox made up for the difference by putting the AMM on it's board, which comes within 5% of a PAT enabled board.

Also, if by caps on the cpu you're talking about the little raised rectangles on the bottom side, in the center of all the pins, then I got a 12 cap. Yet, right off the bat I was able to OC easily to 3.5 with the 1:1 memory ratio.

If you go to the Aquamark 3 orb and do a comparison, for processor set it to any. For processor speed set it from 3170 to 3340. I say set it to any cuz then it will get P-4ee's and prescotts too. Set graphics card to any, that way it will get all P-4's in my speed range. then hit search. you will see that my score is number one on the orb and that is with mine running @3215mhz that score is due to tight mem timings. that is what put me over the top. I have not one friend with a canterwood board that can touch my mem scores until they get to around 260 1:1 while I run at 428DDR using the 5:4 divider. AMM along with good mem sticks works!! Geez I have become an Epox homer!!

WZ

To test this out. set your fsb to 267 run your 5:4 divider or set your fsb to 214 and run1:1
either will give you a DDR speed of 428 1:1 will let you who have it run PAT. Then run pcmark02 check your mem score. see what you come up with. Here is mine.
PCmark_02__WZ_2.jpg

for $108 this is a heck of a mobo. Again 1gig of ocz pc3700 platinum running with 2-2-2-5 timings helps out alot too.

WeldZilla,

What do you have your AMM set at? Also, are you running your OCZ pc3700 dual channel or is it just one stick?

Last night I was playing around with dual channel, memory timings, and OCing. My best memory on hand is 1 stick of 512MB OCZ pc3200 rev.2, which by itself allowed me to OC my 2.8 up to 3.5 with the memory in a 1:1 ratio (only .025 bump up in vdimm) running as DDR500, for a 1000 Mhz FSB. It tested perfectly that way in AM3 and Battle Field Vietnam.

The other stick of memory I added for the hell of it to see what would happen, was a stick of 512MB OCZ pc3000 (DDR366). I down clocked back to stock 2.8 and everything ran as dual channel fine. Then I OCed back to 3.5 in a 1:1 ratio, knowing very well what was going to happen, but I had to try. Of course on computer power on I get "BEE BOO BEE BOO BEE BOO". The OCZ pc3200 can handle up to DDR500 (maybe more with more voltage when I get the time) but the pc3000 couldn't. With the single stick of pc3200 in, I also moved the AMM up to "max", which raised my AM3 score up quite a bit. The memory timing are auto-detected at 2/3/3/6, but I haven't tried tweaking them yet.

I'm going to stick to teaking/OCing with the 1 stick of pc3200 for now, as I have my old motherboard/memory/cpu promised for sale to a coworker.

Now, I'm trying to decide if I should go with another stick of the kickass OCZ pc3200 rev.2 (which is getting hard to find and sits around $135 a stick), or wait and save for 2 new sticks of OCZ pc4000 Gold (which is reviewed as some of the absolute best OCing memory on the market now, at $142 per stick). And I'm also wondering if running dual channel will affect OCing, or what's the better tradeoff.

*(remember, questions at top of this long post)

why would 267 FSB at 5:4 or 214 at 1:1 give you PAT? I thought u could ony use PAT with 1:1 memory divider.

haven't tried overclocking my ram yet, i think it can only do 230 FSB at 2.7v, i wonder if it'll hit 250 FSB at 1:1, that would be nice.

"To test this out. set your fsb to 267 run your 5:4 divider or set your fsb to 214 and run1:1
either will give you a DDR speed of 428 1:1 will let you who have it run PAT"

He's referring to others with boards that do have PAT. The rev.1 4PDA2+ had PAT, but our rev.2 boards do not. I think he's showing the strong ability of Epox's AMM (aggresive memory management) in comparison to those that have PAT on their boards.

My OCZ 3700 Platinum was OCZ's first attempt at such high DDR ratings. Officially it is called, OCZ EL DDR PC-3700 Platinum. It may have been the first out . Not so sure about that tho' It was introduced in late 2002 0r very early 2003. Tho' it was not intended to be dual channel, with 2 sticks it does quite well OCZ EL DDR PC-3700 the dual channel world. Badger, you were right. I was trying to get anyone with a PAT board to compare their PAT to our AMM. I would not want anyone to think I am putting down other brands of boards, I am not. As a matter of fact Every system I have built and there are many, has been built on an Abit platform. I read a couple reviews of the Epox board and just had to give it a try. It has not disappointed me. I think Epox, ABit and Asus all have winning boards. I like MSI, Albatron and Gigabyte also but, I honestly have no plans to ever own either. Asus is so huge that I have veered away from them too. Their quality is excellent to be sure. But not for me. I believe the reason my system runs so smooth and scores are so good is cuz of the many hours I have spent fine tuning and experimenting. I have used virtually every mem voltage and timing setting as well as divider setting. All of them!! Everything!! And many hours finding the right combination of fsb to mem ,mem timings. I love this stuff. I need it to be fast but also very smooth and stable as I edit alot of video. I can't afford any glitches in someones prize video nor can I afford to spend time re-rendering. Time is money!! So to anyone with any board take the time to tweek it in every direction possible til you find the combination that works best for your setup. Next to building a modded case that is the funnest part for me!! Tweek Tweek! Badger your knowledge of your board is awesome to see!! I like it when somebody gets a piece of hardware and learns all there is to know about how software can enhance it!!

WeldZilla

Well, I did some more OC/tweak testing last night.

My goal was to get my 2.8 back to 3.5Ghz on a 1:1 ratio, then work on tweaking or more speed from there. I've had it back at 3.0 for the last few days while playing Doom 3, as the game doesn't seem to like either my cpu OC or my video OC, and I'm still trying to figure that out. I did origianlly get to 3.5 on a 1:1 ratio, with my OCZ DDR400 running at DDR500 stable in Aquamark3 and gaming. Unfortunately, I didn't record the bios settings then, and last night I couldn't duplicate the stability at 3.5 in 1:1, well not in AM3 anyway. I did finally get it to boot into Windows perfectly fine, and even start AM3, but then it would either reboot, or freeze up.

Part of my problem in getting it to boot into Windows at 3.5 in 1:1, was that I had set the AMM in the bios to "max", which had been on "standard" when I successfully got there a few days ago. So by putting the AMM back down to "standard" I was able to get into Windows at 3.5. But even then, something else had to be off as AM3 was a no-go. All of this was done while maintaining the memory timings at what they usually are detected at in a non-OC, 2/6/3/3. To keep them at 2/6/3/3 while doing the big OC, I had to manually set them. Otherwise, they would change to something like 3/8/4/4 once I was trying to get into Windows at 3.5.

I finally figured that there are soooo many variables that can be adjusted in trying to OC to the "sweet spot", that I had to start recording everything in a chart, er, chickenscratch in a notebook really, but it helps a lot. Mybe it could help you guys WeldZilla and yourdeardaniel or whoever else. I'll list the column names I have, which all together, make up one full record of an attempt.

CPU - what the cpu is set at
DDR - what the memory is running at
RATIO - what ratio the cpu and memory are at (1:1, 5:4, etc.)
TIMINGS - what the memory timings are at (2/6/3/3, etc.)
AMM - what Epox's AMM is set at (standard, turbo, max)
vCORE - +/- change to the cpu volts
vDIMM - +/- change to the memory volts
WINDOWS - if it booted into Windows (yes or no)
AM3 SCORE - total score from AM3 if it runs

Feel free to give ideas of additions or such to that. I only have 5 or 6 attempts recorded so far, but once I get more time tonight / tomorrow to test some more OCing, I'll add to my chart, then maybe take a screencapture and post it here as a picture, so you can compare with your own results.

You do a rundown just the way I do. I don't really watch the combined Aquamark score. I instead just watch the CPU score. When setting up mobo, prossy and mem. As you know I am running my mem on the 5:4 divider. 2-2-2-5 it is set at Max. I will tell you that the difference between Max and Turbo is really very little if any at all. I think in my case with the timings maxed out I am just at the limit of what my mem will do either in Turbo or Max
You know I have doing some reading on the new OCZ 3200 Rev2 I see on anandtech that they got it to 557DDR!!!!! Damn I could run that stuff at 1:1. More reading cuz I had just Convinced myself to get the OCZ 4000 Gold. Keep doing it just the way you are doing. By the way how many volts are you sending to your mem sticks. to run stable with Turbo or Max I am running the full 3.3

WZ

WeldZilla,

We think alike, ha ha.

Just today I read the same article you did about the OCZ pc3200 Platinum rev.2 which got up to 557. However, at around $200 for a 512MB stick, I really can't see the justification in it being pc3200. Especially since I've been eye-balling the 512MB sticks of OCZ pc4000 Gold for the last few days, on Newegg for around $142. The only thing about the pc4000 Gold is it's timings of 2.5/4/4/7, but I guess that's not too much higher than my current timings.

I use AM3 for 2 main reasons. First, getting into Windows is only the first step of stability, if my OC can get into and properly run AM3, then I know it's likely stable in gaming, which is a must. And second, the score from AM3 tells me if a certain "tweak" such as altering the memory CAS or AMM or voltage is an advantage (higher score), has no affect (same score), or is a weakness (lower score). Currently, I'm not running dual channel, only have 1 stick of pc3200, but the AM3 score tells me the info I need anyway. The score will just be quite a bit higher once I get running dual channel as well.

Two tests from last night:
cpu: 3.36 DDR: 480 Ratio: 1:1 vCore: +.00 vDimm: +.10 AMM: Max
Timings: 2/6/3/3 Windows: Yes AM3: 50,637 = passed

cpu: 3.5 DDR: 500 Ratio: 1:1 vCore: +.075 vDimm: +.10 AMM: Standard
Timings: 2.5/6/3/3 Windows: Yes AM3: No = failed

I'll be testing more tonight. Oh, and thanks for planting the pc4000 Gold "need" in me even more now :D In testing, they got that stuff stable at 2.5-7-4-4 with 3.0v at DDR540, and even the dangerous level with 3.3v at DDR594 !!

You may have already seen this:
http://www.ocprices.com/index.php?action=reviews&rev_id=177&page=2

When you ran that Aquamark test did you set your measurement to be public. I would like to view it and see all the details. 50,000+ is a good score. I would like to see how you achieved it. What were your Graphics and CPU scores?? Have you done any more fine tuning? So many ?'s. Sorry need to know these things.

WZ

WeldZilla said:
When you ran that Aquamark test did you set your measurement to be public. I would like to view it and see all the details. 50,000+ is a good score. I would like to see how you achieved it. What were your Graphics and CPU scores?? Have you done any more fine tuning? So many ?'s. Sorry need to know these things.

WZ

I didn't post it to AM3's site previously when I hit 50K, because at that time I was just testing the cpu, and didn't have my video card OCed at all. I just ran a couple of new tests and did OC my BFG 5900nu, and WOW!! Got 55,476 and still not running dual channel. I made it public and it's under the name "mrgoodcheese", in the P4 category with the cpu shown as 3.457 Ghz. Here's a pic also, or you can go there to see the rest:

55476.JPG

Oh, in testing the other night I got the cpu to 3.61 but had to go 5:4 on the ratio.

you had to of dropped the 5959 ultra bios on that card to get that kind of clock and graphics score out of it. My best ever with a 5900fx was 6650 gpu score. I let that card go and it's replacement only hits 6315 or something horrible like that. Was going to put the 5950 bios in it and it's bios is locked tight. It's an e-VGA 5900fx piece of crap!!!! My son's
e-VGA 5900fx is even worse!! so I traded with him to let him have mine since I will soon be upgrading to the 6800gt. Still your graphics score is great!!

WZ

Negative on the 5950 bios, that my BFG 5900nu with the original 5900nu bios. It's because it's a BFG and because it's a non-ultra, not an xt. Those xt cards have slightly slower memory (2.8 ns) and never will take a 5950 bios because they can't handle the memory speed (2.2 ns). The difference in the AM3 score from previously at 50,000 to the new 55,476 was my 5900nu at it's stock speed of 400/850 and then OCed to 435/983. I want a 6800GT, but my 5900 doesn't even hiccup in any game I play and OCs like mad, so it's kind of hard to justify.

Anyway, with the board OC, I'm just itching to get some of that OCZ pc4000 Gold. I'd like to see what the limit is on the overall system OC.

From what I see of your system you will be able get great mem through put and virtually everything there is to get from it. You have it doing great right now. Can't wait for you to get my Epox bord and a Canterwood to see what you can do!!

WZ

I know you have the board and Canterwood. (Worked too many hours today!!) Can't wait to see your results with the OCZ Gold!!

WZ

Hope you got some sleep.

Anyway, my Gig of OCZ pc4000 Gold should be on my porch when I get home today. I'll post some results later tonight if I can.

Mmmmmm........

OCZpc4000GoldSmall.JPG

Installing just now, but will put up some results in a little while.

those are some schpankity heatspreaders on there...be sure and wipe them down to remove fingerprints after installing :p

nst6563 said:
those are some schpankity heatspreaders on there...be sure and wipe them down to remove fingerprints after installing :p

Those headspreaders in that pic look strange because they are still under the plastic, and you're seeing my reflection as I took the picture. They are actually mirrored gold, and although I usually don't give a crap what hardware looks like, the OCZ Gold sticks sure are pretty.

So far the memory works like a champ, passed Memtest86+ for 5 hours, and OC with ease. I've gotten to 3.71Ghz on the cpu with the pc4000 running DDR530 in a 1:1 ratio, stable in Windows but it would only complete about 90% of AM3. I think I'm reaching the peak of my 2.8C at around that speed, although there is plenty of room to move up yet with the motherboard and memory. Of course I have more testing to do.

you are just being cruel!! Showing me those mem chips. Knowing I want them too!!! So where have you settled? Have you found the sweet spot yet? Tell me about your sandra mem scores. So many ?'s Really I hope it is all going good on your end.

WZ

try it at 260 fsb which is still over 3600mhz. then turn that mem voltage to 3.3 and tighten the timings as tight as possible while in turbo or higher. you might find you get your sandra mem scores up around 6300 to 6500. there is alot to be said for tight timings and hi-voltage!!

WZ

WeldZilla said:
you are just being cruel!! Showing me those mem chips. Knowing I want them too!!! So where have you settled? Have you found the sweet spot yet? Tell me about your sandra mem scores. So many ?'s Really I hope it is all going good on your end.

WZ
WeldZilla said:
try it at 260 fsb which is still over 3600mhz. then turn that mem voltage to 3.3 and tighten the timings as tight as possible while in turbo or higher. you might find you get your sandra mem scores up around 6300 to 6500. there is alot to be said for tight timings and hi-voltage!!

WZ

*the memory is calling you.......* "WeldZilla, WeldZilla, you need us shiney memory...."

LOL, being funny, not mean.

Anyway, I almost grabbed a screencap of the Sandra score, but thought "ah, who's going to want to see that?" and didn't. I'll do it for you when I get a chance, but from what I rememer, it was just shy of 7000, with the memory at 262 and the cpu at 3.65 in 1:1 ratio, which is the highest I got where it got into Windows and completed AM3. The memory definitely was not the limiting factor, where AM3 wouldn't completing at 3.71 on the cpu and 265 on the memory. I believe it was the cpu, because I had to step up the vCore the last several times to get into Windows and have AM3 start. I had the vCore at +.2, or at 1.725, which to me is getting in the scary range (maybe not), but the memory I never went above 2.8 total. So I don't think going 3.3v on the vDimm will do much yet, until I get the cpu higher. The memory timings at the 3.65 record were either 2.5/7/4/4 or 3/8/4/4, I can't remember which right now. The memory, I know will go a lot higher, the motherboard I know will go a lot higher, but I need to get the cpu temps down (50-52C @ idle @ 3.71) before I'll dare feed it even more volts.

Edit Add In:
Oh, I forgot to post about the sweet spot I'm sticking with that you asked about. Basically, I'm not sure. See, I've been playing Doom 3 when I get the chance, and the game causes my system to be very finicky, as in, it doesn't like high OCs of the cpu. Any OC above 3.2 causes the game to either not load, or bomb out back to desktop. Any OC from 2.9 to 3.2 is perfectly fine. So, until I beat the game on veteran level, then replay and beat it on nightmare level, I won't be able to keep my system OCed to a sweet spot, since that OC will definitely be over 3.2. Battle Field Vietnam and Thief 3 don't have a problem running with an OC over 3.2, but they're not quite as taxing on a system as D3.

BTW, 2 thumbs way way way up for Doom 3. I've been gaming for over 8 years now, and D3 is by far the best single player FPS game ever. The level of detail they put into this game is simply amazing, and it constantly scares the crap out of me. I usually don't play for more than 30-45 minutes at a time because it gets me too wound-up filled with anxiety. My bro-in-law who also is playing, on his system, says the same thing, but he'll only play for 20 minutes at a time.

If you decide to go to water cooling I have a spare Innovatek waterblock sitting on the shelf.
You could build yourself a good resevoir for about $4 out of pvc. that is the material I used
My radiator was $21 from an auto parts store. Some hose a pump and you are off to the races.

WZ

Those are some awesome mem scores!!!! Look forward to seeing you post up those as well as your aquamark scores. I am typing now on my wife's HP P-4 as My raid 0 is being formatted by windows XP as I type. It will be great to finally get this part of my build finished. Next, new 6800gt vid card

WZ

Oh, my mistake. The Sandra memory score was 6K, not 7K, checked it last night. And I don't do water cooling. Call me old fashioned, but I don't put anything liquid near expensive electronics. That's just me. Beside, I have my system air conditioner vent fed cooled when needed, which can be as effective as some water cooling units.

I almost got into Windows last night at 3.81 Ghz. It was soooo close, but locked on the login screen.

WeldZilla, one question for you. Do you see a difference for what the vCore is set at in Power Bios, and what the vCore shows as in PC Health (also in the bios)? Also do you see a difference reported in Sandra vs. vCore in the Power Bios?

I do see a difference in the vCore on mine, but was wondering if you do also and what the difference is?

When I go into bios and set my Vcore at 1.725, Speedfan reads it as 1.68, pc health 1.68, Epox's own, Unified System Diagnostic Manager shows it also as 1.68. When I set it at 1.65 they all show it as 1.6. So I guess they can't all be wrong. So just keep pushing!!

WZ

Alright, that's kind of what I suspected with the voltage. So maybe I can push it just a tiny bit more. :confused:

Oh, and thanks for the Unified System Diagnostic Manager tip, I didn't even have that installed but am putting it on now.

Hey it's kinda cool. I don't let it start up with windows, I just open it now and then to take a look.

WZ

Hey yall, I've finnaly gotten my EP-4PDA2+ going, and I did have difficulty getting it to like my SATA HD. But it's going now, kindof. It doesn't want to play sound, which I suppose isn't really a problem because I've got a sound card on the way. But is it really required? And do I need to get the new BIOS, because when I was looking through the BIOS to enable SATA the manual AND the discription on the left said I'd probably want to use the enhanced (I think it said enhanced, I'm pretty sure whatever it was started with an e) setting, but then it wasn't an option. I finally got winXP goin and plan on putting 2 other drives (IDE maxtors) in RAID 0, I sure hope that won't be a problem. And that's where I stand for right now.

Back