Anyone have any thoughts on this aquarium chiller?

DogChainX

[H]ard|Gawd
LINK

I could get it for $250 probably....but not sure the feasibility. LOL. I'm just thinking out loud, but this would be a very inexpensive chiller for overclocking a water-cooled setup.

I don't know that its worth the hassle. I doubt that it'll be as quiet as a laing pump. Power consumption is another drawback. You would also have to be concerned with condensation.

If you don't mind an external rad you can pick up a Phoyba 1080, box, and fans for under $250. That should keep temps very low on most loops with very little noise.

Noise, condensation, and power draw...those are the three "but(s)" when it comes to water chillers or phase change or peltiers.

I don't know that its worth the hassle. I doubt that it'll be as quiet as a laing pump. Power consumption is another drawback. You would also have to be concerned with condensation.

If you don't mind an external rad you can pick up a Phoyba 1080, box, and fans for under $250. That should keep temps very low on most loops with very little noise.

Well, it seems most overclocking nowadays aren't worth the hassle...

I have two 480 rads...but now I'm only cooling my CPU because the GTX 680 isn't worth overclocking. Before I was cooling two GTX 480's and the CPU. Now its overkill.

I just saw the ad and started thinking. If someone else in UTAH wants to jump on it....

If you jump on big Kepler coming this month I bet that it'll make those rads worth it.

I know that with my 7950s its nice to have a bunch of rad space. :)

If you jump on big Kepler coming this month I bet that it'll make those rads worth it.

I know that with my 7950s its nice to have a bunch of rad space. :)

LOL. No kidding. That thing is a beast!

But I'll be buying another GTX 680, probably late NEXT year when they're ~$200 ea. used.

Back