• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

anyone have a SB folder yet

Filter

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 30, 2001
Messages
9,531
wanted to see some stats before i pulled the trigger on one.
 
I think we already know PPD, the key will be if 1.5V etc. is safe for long term operation. With high voltage I think many chips will reach 4.8+Ghz but if we need to stay under 1.4V like with i3 chips then only 4.4-4.5Ghz is easily achievable. Even at crazy high voltages these chips produce less heat than Bloomfield so the heat isn't the problem just the voltage.
 
Last edited:
Yes and no, I've brought one but it hasn't come yet and I think it will be wednesday, maybe thursday before I get to play with it.
 
Also 1.52v VID that Intel specifies (page 78). But I don't feel comfortable with that voltage and don't plan to use more than 1.4v until Intel sheds some light on this - it just doesn't sound right.
 
Last edited:
im just curious what a mild over clock 4.5 or so would do on big adv.
 
It looks like almost all chips should be able to do 4.8Ghz with under 1.4V which puts them about equal to a 3.8Ghz Xeon 5640 hex and about 10kppd behind a hex at 4.2ghz. I don't know if I can resist.
 
Last edited:
we already have a rough estimate on PPD..

Core i7 2600K..Using the benchmark folding app, 49x100 with 2x4GB 9-9-9-24 2t @1600MHz TPF for p6900 was 24:52 and p2686 at 24:55. It was pulling about 210w on a TX750.

P6900 = 49,666 PPD
P2686 = 49,516 PPD

That would work too.

So, I found the 3 WU's that I recorded.

4.9GHz 2600K
1600MHz 9-9-9-24 2t

p6061 2:09
p6900 24:52
p2686 24:55

My 6701 just finished so I ran p6061 through a few frames real quick...

4.7GHz 2600K
2133MHz 10-12-10-28 1t

p6061 2:09-2:10

I'll get some -bigadv for you guys tomorrow night....err tonight.

The Intel BXXTS100H or "K series" fan is average, certainly better than the low profile cooler. At 4.4 that low profile has got to be screaming and with temps in the 80's. An H50 at 60% fan is a good 12-15c cooler at 4.7GHz than the BXXTS and a helluva lot quieter. If you want more than 4.5 you'll need to ditch the BXXTS.

So, I'm working on 2133MHz memory -bigadv numbers for you guys.

Where I left off last night:

2600k- 47x100, 2133MHz 10-12-10-28 1t

p6061 2:09 <- This is time is identical to 49x100 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 2t

Just bumped it to 49x100, 2133 10-12-10-28 1t

p6061 2:05
p6900 23:53 ...PPD- 52764.83


Notes so far, 4.9 is awesome but I plan to run higher speed memory at around 4.7 as the voltage and heat increase going from 4.7 to 4.9 is significant (1.42v to 1.52v). Temps go from high 60's to 78-81c. Cooler is H50 in push/pull with stock fans at 100%. Keep in mind that this is on the Intel Burrage motherboard and the vcore I'm using is the BIOS value. There is quite a bit of vdroop on this board. I'll be picking up a UD7 next week and we'll see how much that changes things.


all the quotes numbers are from this thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1574018
 
this is looking promising.

That is some ridiculous GHZ.....I hope that they last long under that kind of OC/voltage.
 
Back
Top